grim question....

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Did Grim Fandango ever come in a large box (bigger then a jewel case) when
it was sold, seems most are just in a jewel case?

And if it did, anyone have a pict of it?

Thanks...DE
9 answers Last reply
More about grim question
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    "DoubleEntendre" <potatoesjoe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Did Grim Fandango ever come in a large box (bigger then a jewel case)
    when
    > it was sold, seems most are just in a jewel case?

    I bought mine in a box, but it wasnt one of those big fat boxes used to
    come in. It was a thinner and narrower box but not as small as the new
    small boxes games come in now. I also saw the game a long time later in
    Electronic Boutique in a jewel case size cardboard fold out with two
    pockets for the two CD's. I am in Toronto, Canada so pretty well get
    the same games and boxes as the US.

    From a search on Ebay, here is a photo of the box the game came in.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80328&item=5781100019&rd=1

    Here is also one of the cardboard fold out type.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80329&item=5206486891&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

    Not a very good photo, but you get the idea.
    Hope this helps.

    Mary
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:24:32 -0400, "DoubleEntendre"
    <potatoesjoe@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Did Grim Fandango ever come in a large box (bigger then a jewel case) when
    >it was sold, seems most are just in a jewel case?
    >
    >And if it did, anyone have a pict of it?
    >
    >Thanks...DE

    Yes, when it first came out.

    The underdogs site has a shot of the original box art though, if
    you're curious about it.

    http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=3925

    It's kind of a low res picture, but it's the best I can do as I bought
    the jewel case edition too, so no box to scan for you. Basically, I
    guess it's the same cover art as on the jewel case version, only they
    cut a bit off the top and bottom of the image for the jewel case art.

    MCheu
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    DoubleEntendre <potatoesjoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > Did Grim Fandango ever come in a large box (bigger then a jewel case) when
    > it was sold, seems most are just in a jewel case?

    It did. I've got a full-sized box here, that I paid full price for. I've
    also heard rumours of a Manny doll, but never saw one. I'd love to get one
    if anyone knows anything about them.

    > And if it did, anyone have a pict of it?

    Sorry, no digital camera.

    Colin
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 02:21:05 GMT, "Colin B."
    <cbigam@somewhereelse.nucleus.com> wrote:

    >DoubleEntendre <potatoesjoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >> Did Grim Fandango ever come in a large box (bigger then a jewel case) when
    >> it was sold, seems most are just in a jewel case?
    >
    >It did. I've got a full-sized box here, that I paid full price for. I've
    >also heard rumours of a Manny doll, but never saw one. I'd love to get one
    >if anyone knows anything about them.
    >
    >> And if it did, anyone have a pict of it?
    >
    >Sorry, no digital camera.
    >
    >Colin

    http://forums.vintagegaming.org/attachment.php?s=8d82d40129198bc92d5af93c59be33a5&attachmentid=1&d=1078026932

    Don't have one, sorry. The link above is a snapshot of a Manny
    figure. Not sure if it's the same one you're talking about.

    MCheu
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 02:21:05 GMT, "Colin B."
    > <cbigam@somewhereelse.nucleus.com> wrote:
    >
    >>DoubleEntendre <potatoesjoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>> Did Grim Fandango ever come in a large box (bigger then a jewel case) when
    >>> it was sold, seems most are just in a jewel case?
    >>
    >>It did. I've got a full-sized box here, that I paid full price for. I've
    >>also heard rumours of a Manny doll, but never saw one. I'd love to get one
    >>if anyone knows anything about them.
    >>
    >>> And if it did, anyone have a pict of it?
    >>
    >>Sorry, no digital camera.
    >>
    >>Colin
    >
    > http://forums.vintagegaming.org/attachment.php?s=8d82d40129198bc92d5af93c59be33a5&attachmentid=1&d=1078026932
    >
    > Don't have one, sorry. The link above is a snapshot of a Manny
    > figure. Not sure if it's the same one you're talking about.

    That's the one. I don't know what you had to do to get one, but Lucas
    didn't seem very keen on distributing them.

    Colin
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    I've tried twice to send two digital pictures (front and back of the
    full-size box) but it's not working. If you really want them, I can send
    them to you direct. Lynne

    "DoubleEntendre" <potatoesjoe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Did Grim Fandango ever come in a large box (bigger then a jewel case) when
    > it was sold, seems most are just in a jewel case?
    >
    > And if it did, anyone have a pict of it?
    >
    > Thanks...DE

  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    DoubleEntendre wrote:
    > Did Grim Fandango ever
    > come in a large box
    > (bigger then a jewel case)
    > when it was sold, seems
    > most are just in a jewel
    > case?
    >

    > And if it did, anyone have
    > a pict of it?

    When Grim Fandango was first released it came in a full-sized box.
    It's a nice addition to the gaming shelf but unfortunately I don't have
    a scanner or otherwise I'd upload the pics.

    --
    Best Regards, mattchu
    np:

    DoubleEntendre wrote:

    > Did Grim Fandango ever come in a large box (bigger then a jewel case) when
    > it was sold, seems most are just in a jewel case?
    >
    > And if it did, anyone have a pict of it?

    MobyGames, a Game Documentation and Review Project, does.

    for 'Grim Fandango':
    <http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/grim-fandango/cover-art>

    --
    Henry Finch
    Global Fund for Mergers and Acquisitions

    Please followup in newsgroup.
    E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    I have the original box and I love the art. Does anyone know if a movie
    trailer-style poster was ever released for the game? I'd love to have
    something like that.

PC gaming Cases Games IBM Video Games Product