Problem at 333Mhz

I've got a Kingston 512MB DDR333 PC2700 2.5CL and my
motherboard is a Shuttle AK35GT2 with Via KT333.
I wondering why my system is not working right when
the DRAM Frequency and DRAM Timing are setting BY SPEED,
which the DRAM Clock is 333mhz.
Everytime I try to play a game or a divx movie my computer
reboots. Then I set the DRAM Frequency to 266MHZ and every
thing runs fine and no problems.
Does anyone knows what is happening? Motherboard incompatibility or bad memory?
Thank you in advance.
6 answers Last reply
More about problem 333mhz
  1. Is this a new computer? I only ask because I was wondering if you added anything to it or had any other problems with it. What kind of power supply do you have? It sounds like, maybe, your not getting enough juice.

<font color=blue>GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.</font color=blue>
  2. It's a new computer. I have a 400watts PSU. I have tried
    to run ony the video card itself with the computer with
    no modem, cd-roms, ... and I still had the problem.
  3. **shrug** It sounds like a bad stick of RAM to me. Do you have any options to add a little extra voltage to the memory? That might help it.

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=45775#45775" target="_new"><font color=red>Join</font color=red> <font color=blue>the</font color=blue> <font color=green>THGC</font color=green> <font color=orange>LAN</font color=orange> <font color=purple>Party</font color=purple>!</A>
  4. I Can add an extra voltage. The question is how much
    extra voltage should I add?
  5. Another possability is that the RAM is overheating. It's unlikely, but possible. Just make sure that there is air flow across the RAM. :)

Quote:
    I Can add an extra voltage. The question is how much
    extra voltage should I add?

Try adding 0.1V first, and if that doesn't fix it, maybe 0.2V. You don't want to nuke it, just help it. :)

If that doesn't fix it, then it's probably bad RAM. And if anyone has any better suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=45775#45775" target="_new"><font color=red>Join</font color=red> <font color=blue>the</font color=blue> <font color=green>THGC</font color=green> <font color=orange>LAN</font color=orange> <font color=purple>Party</font color=purple>!</A>
  6. There is plenty of room and air flow in my computer.
    I added extra voltage until 2.8V and my memory kept on failing on 3D MARK.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory DRAM Frequency Motherboards