How can I bind applications to allocated IP addresses on Windows Servr

Diji1

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2012
Hi - first of all I'm not even sure if this is possible. I can't find a lot of information regarding it but it maybe because I just don't know what to search for. I'm fairly proficient with computers though.

This is what I want to know how to do:

Say I have a server running Windows Server (can be 2003 or 2008 if it matters). The server has multiple IP addresses allocated to it.

I want to use the IP addresses *as if they were remote high anonymous proxies*. I want all traffic to and from each application to use the same IP address and I want to be able to add the IP addresses to applications in the same way I would a remote proxy (presumably using 127.0.0.1:port)

So for each 127.0.0.1:port address traffic travels like so:

application <-> localhost <-> internet facing IP address <-> remote site

Is this even possible? I know I can do this using a seperate Linux VPS running squid but I'm curious as to if it can be done on one server running windows.

Diji1

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2012
OK thanks, I'll try to explain better what I want in a different way (seems you aren't the only one having trouble understanding my question):

Say I have the server with the multiple allocated IPs. I also have applications that take proxy lists in the form of IP:port. This is the only way to use multiple proxies in these applications.

So my thinking is that I would have to have proxies on localhost (in order to give the applications proxy lists in the form IP:port).

Then the local proxies would have to send traffic to the internet facing IPs that the server has.

However all traffic from each local proxy must go to and from the same IP. I can't have outward bound traffic going through 1 IP and inward bound traffic going to another IP if you understand me. This is what I mean by it behaves like a remote proxy.

Does this make more sense?