HS801 V600 problems

Last response: in Brands
Share
October 17, 2004 2:31:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Hello all,

I've just got a V600 with a free HS801 headset. It's not been easy going
with the headset.
I have paired the device and it works nominally, but the buttons on the
headset do not respond in remotely the same way as they are supposed to
according to the manual. Even turning it on and off is a hit and miss
affair, sometimes when pressing both buttons the headset will turn on/off,
other times it just ignores me.
I also have voice dialling enabled, but pressing the button on the headset
to activate it does not work, it merely dials the last called number after a
random pause! Very annoying.
There was a brief moment when it seemed to be working perfectly, but it came
and went for no apparent reason, and now it's back to ignoring me.
It works so long as I do everything with the phone, and ignore the buttons
on the headset.

Has anyone any ideas?

Also which of the two modes headset/handfree does the v600 use, and how can
I differentiate between the two?
This may be the cause of the problem.

More about : hs801 v600 problems

Anonymous
October 17, 2004 2:31:08 AM

"JF" <me@memail.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I've just got a V600 with a free HS801 headset. It's not been easy going
> with the headset.
> I have paired the device and it works nominally, but the buttons on the
> headset do not respond in remotely the same way as they are supposed to
> according to the manual. Even turning it on and off is a hit and miss
> affair, sometimes when pressing both buttons the headset will turn on/off,
> other times it just ignores me.

The HS801?? Far as I know there are only two bluetooth headsets from
Motorola, the 810 and the 820. The 810 turns off and on by folding and
unfolding the mic boom. The volume buttons are used individually for
controlling volume and if you press them together while talking on the
headset it turns off the blue status light for the duration of that phone
call.

> I also have voice dialling enabled, but pressing the button on the headset
> to activate it does not work, it merely dials the last called number after
> a random pause! Very annoying.

Since I'm a V710 ower, I'm not at all familiar with how it should work on a
V600, but I assume it would be much the same. I know if I don't have 'voice
dialing' enabled in the headset menu, the button on the headset won't do
anything if I push it. So check that out and maybe you have it set wrong?

> There was a brief moment when it seemed to be working perfectly, but it
> came and went for no apparent reason, and now it's back to ignoring me.
> It works so long as I do everything with the phone, and ignore the buttons
> on the headset.

Could be a bad headset perhaps?

--
God Bless America!

Bob the Printer

Our web pages are located at:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bdolson/

Now with a picture link to the webcam near
Mount St. Helens volcano!

Or you can click on the link below to go to the
the Mt. St. Helens page.
http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/

Please note that if it's nighttime there you
will see nothing but 'hash' in the picture.
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 1:26:45 PM

"Bob the Printer" <bdolson@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "JF" <me@memail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I've just got a V600 with a free HS801 headset. It's not been easy going
>> with the headset.
>> I have paired the device and it works nominally, but the buttons on the
>> headset do not respond in remotely the same way as they are supposed to
>> according to the manual. Even turning it on and off is a hit and miss
>> affair, sometimes when pressing both buttons the headset will turn
>> on/off, other times it just ignores me.
>
> The HS801?? Far as I know there are only two bluetooth headsets from
> Motorola, the 810 and the 820. The 810 turns off and on by folding and
> unfolding the mic boom. The volume buttons are used individually for
> controlling volume and if you press them together while talking on the
> headset it turns off the blue status light for the duration of that phone
> call.
>

>> I also have voice dialling enabled, but pressing the button on the
>> headset to activate it does not work, it merely dials the last called
>> number after a random pause! Very annoying.
>
> Since I'm a V710 ower, I'm not at all familiar with how it should work on
> a V600, but I assume it would be much the same. I know if I don't have
> 'voice dialing' enabled in the headset menu, the button on the headset
> won't do anything if I push it. So check that out and maybe you have it
> set wrong?
>

>> There was a brief moment when it seemed to be working perfectly, but it
>> came and went for no apparent reason, and now it's back to ignoring me.
>> It works so long as I do everything with the phone, and ignore the
>> buttons on the headset.
>
> Could be a bad headset perhaps?
>

> --
> God Bless America!
>
> Bob the Printer
>

> Our web pages are located at:
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bdolson/
>
> Now with a picture link to the webcam near
> Mount St. Helens volcano!
>
> Or you can click on the link below to go to the
> the Mt. St. Helens page.
> http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/
>
> Please note that if it's nighttime there you
> will see nothing but 'hash' in the picture.

I also have a V600 that was bundled with a HS801 headset. I agree with the
OP, the HS801 seems to not do all it's supposed to do! Switching on/off
seems to require a very prolonged simulateous 'double' button press and I
have yet to make the volume controls make any difference to the, err...
volume.
I never make calls via the headset - I only use it for incoming calls while
driving.
Maybe we now know why they give 'em away free!

Simon H
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 1:54:34 PM

"Simon H" <simonh@deadmailbox.com> wrote in message

> "Bob the Printer" <bdolson@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "JF" <me@memail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I've just got a V600 with a free HS801 headset. It's not been easy going
>>> with the headset.
>>> I have paired the device and it works nominally, but the buttons on the
>>> headset do not respond in remotely the same way as they are supposed to
>>> according to the manual. Even turning it on and off is a hit and miss
>>> affair, sometimes when pressing both buttons the headset will turn
>>> on/off, other times it just ignores me.
>>
>> The HS801?? Far as I know there are only two bluetooth headsets from
>> Motorola, the 810 and the 820. The 810 turns off and on by folding and
>> unfolding the mic boom. The volume buttons are used individually for
>> controlling volume and if you press them together while talking on the
>> headset it turns off the blue status light for the duration of that phone
>> call.
>>

>>> I also have voice dialling enabled, but pressing the button on the
>>> headset to activate it does not work, it merely dials the last called
>>> number after a random pause! Very annoying.
>>
>> Since I'm a V710 ower, I'm not at all familiar with how it should work on
>> a V600, but I assume it would be much the same. I know if I don't have
>> 'voice dialing' enabled in the headset menu, the button on the headset
>> won't do anything if I push it. So check that out and maybe you have it
>> set wrong?
>>

>>> There was a brief moment when it seemed to be working perfectly, but it
>>> came and went for no apparent reason, and now it's back to ignoring me.
>>> It works so long as I do everything with the phone, and ignore the
>>> buttons on the headset.
>>
>> Could be a bad headset perhaps?
>>

>> --
>> God Bless America!
>>
>> Bob the Printer
>>

>> Our web pages are located at:
>> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bdolson/
>>
>> Now with a picture link to the webcam near
>> Mount St. Helens volcano!
>>
>> Or you can click on the link below to go to the
>> the Mt. St. Helens page.
>> http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/
>>
>> Please note that if it's nighttime there you
>> will see nothing but 'hash' in the picture.
>>
> I also have a V600 that was bundled with a HS801 headset. I agree with the
> OP, the HS801 seems to not do all it's supposed to do! Switching on/off
> seems to require a very prolonged simulateous 'double' button press and I
> have yet to make the volume controls make any difference to the, err...
> volume.
> I never make calls via the headset - I only use it for incoming calls
> while driving.
> Maybe we now know why they give 'em away free!
>
> Simon H

I use the headset that was bundled with my v600 with no problem Once I
worked out the difference between a press and a brief press.
A brief press lets you voice dial a press dials the last no
!