Sign in with
Your question

help! can this be a soundcard problem??

Last response: in Components
October 5, 2002 11:14:05 PM

recently bought a new asus a7v333, after having burned my last mobo, cpu (t-bird 950) stayed in tact tho :)  phew
BUT there is a problem!!
the system is VERY unstable. now i've tried all sorts of cpu/memory/3d benchmarks in endless loops, NEVER crashed, it only crashes in games, internet-radio (and realplayer/wmp for that manner), hence, only crashes when there is sound.
now, i CAN hear mp3's in winamp, and games do work until a certain point, it doesnt ALWAYS crash when sound comes in, but whenever it crashes, a sound is playing.
so im wondering if this is a problem with the onboard sound on the a7v333, as i dont use a pci/usb soundcard... i use the onboard one.
any1 else ever had a problem like this that turned out to be a sound card? or turned out to be something else?
PLEASE help! :)  thanks for any replies.

<font color=red><pre>screw you guys ----->>> im going home</b></pre><p>

More about : soundcard problem

October 5, 2002 11:17:26 PM

also, the recording volume is really really low

October 6, 2002 12:58:31 AM

i dont think i can help but you might want to put down what
kind of system you got.
CPU
Chip set
Sound card
Graphic card
OS

mine crashes big time too. Really nothing can do about it
because in my case it seemed to be a driver problem
(audigy + VIA chip set + windows XP = high pich tone crash)

http://www.geocities.co.jp/CollegeLife-Lounge/8562/inde...

Korea....good sport?
Related resources
October 6, 2002 1:37:05 AM

I am Johnny Wishbone, psychic extraordinare from the Island of St. Croix. Wait! It's coming to me. It's getting clearer... Mmm... Mmm... It pop into my head! He has a SB Live!

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.
October 6, 2002 2:09:47 AM

Hmm, OK, sounds like a hardware issue with the onboard sound and the VIA chipset. Officially these don't exist, so I can't tell you any more specifically on that.

What I can tell you is that many companies fix hardware problems with software, so you might investigate newer drivers or BIOS.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
October 6, 2002 3:24:38 AM

Johnny Wishbone Eh! Pretty snappy there Black Cat. Ryan

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.
October 6, 2002 3:29:34 AM

Your Sigs not going to get you much real help. Ryan

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.
October 6, 2002 3:24:33 PM

well just found out that it wasnt the soundcard, cause' i disabled it an still crashed
it cant be a bug between the soundcard and the via kt333 cause they are onboard! asus wouldnt have released a board that has problems with itSELF lol

October 7, 2002 1:19:42 AM

Yeah. It's too bad I read at a 3rd grade level. The original post clearly states he's using onboard sound. Duh. I was a bit too eager to take another poke at Creative. :smile:

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.
October 7, 2002 10:51:59 PM

I just installed a Blaster Live 5.1 using the latest online drivers. No problems. Sound is just fine with the 25 games on my harddrive.

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.
!