Starship Titanic install help in XP

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 22, 2005 3:55:16 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Hi, I recently installed Starship Titanic on XP. It works to some
degree. Things that are moving, like the elevator man's head and the
monkey movers are blanked out.

When I installed it, I included Indeo video, and most other options I
saw, but I did not let it install DirectX since mine was newer.

Any ideas?
June 24, 2005 10:57:05 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

"SCARECROW" wrote

> Hi, I recently installed Starship Titanic on XP. It works to some
> degree. Things that are moving, like the elevator man's head and the
> monkey movers are blanked out.

> When I installed it, I included Indeo video, and most other options I
> saw, but I did not let it install DirectX since mine was newer.

> Any ideas?

Yes.

I bet you have XP Service Pack 2 installed.

If so, uninstall it and your beautiful ST video will appear.

(Obviously this is risky since it is an integral part of your OS, but all I
can say is it worked fine for me).
June 25, 2005 12:54:25 PM

Vince wrote:

> Yes.
>
> I bet you have XP Service Pack 2 installed.
>
> If so, uninstall it and your beautiful ST video will appear.
>
> (Obviously this is risky since it is an integral part of your OS, but all I
> can say is it worked fine for me).

Thanks. I may try that. I haven't decided yet.

--
Jul-Yin
!