Sign in with
Your question

From where could i install widows XP?

Tags:
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
May 10, 2012 5:21:26 AM

Hello, i have installed wid 7 but now i really need to install windows XP but i don't know from where i could install it
i am hoping you could help me and thank u

More about : install widows

May 10, 2012 5:29:06 AM

If you want to dual boot Windows 7 and XP without using third party boot manager software you probably should have installed XP first, then Windows 7. The second OS that installs controls the boot manager, so the newest OS should go in last.

As for how to install a dual boot. If you have multiple hard drives you could install XP on one drive, and Windows 7 on the other. If you have one hard drive, you have to split that drive into at least two partitions. One partition will house the Windows XP installation, and all of its data and program files, the other partition would be used to house Windows 7.

Now if you're asking where you can get a copy of Windows XP, they aren't sold at retail anymore, so you'd have to look around the second hand market like eBay or something like that.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 10, 2012 5:30:30 AM

Do you want to keep Win 7 and install XP as a dual boot? Or replace Win7 with XP?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
May 10, 2012 5:46:20 AM

to install windows xp onto a win 7 via dualbooting, install windows xp onto a different partition of the hard drive. and then use a windows 7 cd to reinstall the boot.ini file which allows windows 7 to read the windows xp portion of the harddrive
m
l
May 10, 2012 5:49:33 AM

If you have Win7 Pro (Ultimate and Enterprise also) you can download and install XP mode from Microsofts site and use that to emulate XP in Windows 7. Not sure why you would need XP though. With the exception of some random Business software XP is mostly not needed for anything and most issues could be solved without resorting to XP.
m
l
!