Need help with Rosewill RNX-N250PCe

ahmedkhan94

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
so last night i finished building my desktop, and i fit a rosewell rnx-n250PCe in there. the first time i connected to the internet it worked fine.

usually i have a download speed between 10-15 MB/s and 1-2 upload (dont care bout upload much).

but when i speed test on my desktop i get download speeds between 0.01-3 MB/s and 3-4 upload speed. Whats wrong?

also the first night i used the network card my internet crashed (entire network along with other devices) and the slow speeds have been occuring since then.

its the next day and ever since the first day it shows i have internet access but at random points i dont and it says i do. and when i do have internet access it is unbearably slow.

Is this a problem with my network card or modem/ router?

should i consider getting a different wireless card?

Always start by connecting directly to the modem. If you have problems there then contact your provider. After that connect one device at a time and test exhaustively. Continue until you either have everything up and running or have found the faulty component.

ahmedkhan94

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012

Will do n ill let u know how that goes.

ahmedkhan94

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012

So on my laptop the direct modem connection gave me double the normal results.

When I connected my desktop it couldn't find a connection. Said there was a problem with the router or connection

Then I tried the wireless right next to the router and I got normal results. Back where I normally put my desktop it won't connect.

Could the problem be placement?

ahmedkhan94

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012

When I try to connect with Ethernet it says "through WAN miniport" and then says error 651

ahmedkhan94

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012

The drivers that came with my wireless card? If so that hasent had any affect I tryed that this morning.

Does error 651 effect my wireless?

ahmedkhan94

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012

The drivers that came with my wireless card? If so that hasent had any affect I tryed that this morning.

Does error 651 effect my wireless?

ahmedkhan94

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012

Wired connection gives me error 651. Does that have ne to do with wireless?

And Tbh I couldnt care less bout wired.

My main concern is wireless. My wireless on the desktop gets 1-3 mb/s download. I need to know why its so low. My laptop gets roughly 10-15 mb/s in the same room.

ahmedkhan94

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012

Correction. I don't care about wired. I just want my wireless to get the same results as my laptop. Which seems to happen when I have it next to the router which defeats the purpose of having wireless.

TRENDING THREADS