Old sim card in Motorola V220

Last response: in Brands
October 20, 2004 2:53:32 PM

I've just bought a V220 and put the sim card from my 4-year old phone in it
to keep my old number and credit. I can no longer access Orange World but
can do so with the sim that came with the phone.

Is the old sim too old to be able to use the advanced features of the new
phone? Is there any way to keep my old number with a new sim card?

More about : sim card motorola v220

Anonymous
October 20, 2004 3:02:33 PM

In article <41763590$0$2292$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com>,
ns.russ.reid@btinternet.com says...
> I've just bought a V220 and put the sim card from my 4-year old phone in it
> to keep my old number and credit. I can no longer access Orange World but
> can do so with the sim that came with the phone.
>
> Is the old sim too old to be able to use the advanced features of the new
> phone? Is there any way to keep my old number with a new sim card?

Both PAYG - phone them and tell them you've upgraded, and they should be
able to transfer the number and credit to the new sim, or issue a new
one.

--
AG

Remove removes from address to remove anti-spam measures.
Alan Gauton E-Mail agauton @ postmaster.co.uk

Never for me the lowered banner, never the last endeavour!
(Damon Hill - 16th June 1999)
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 4:30:40 PM

Cheers! They sent a sim update which allows the new features to work.

!