williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Noticed there's a big driver update available from hercules, so what are you waiting for? go get it, we all have GTXP's here RIGHT?!?!

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

Hi WilliamC haven't seen you posting around lately, everything OK with you, hope you're doing well. Ryan

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
I'm completely ranted myself out=)

No, seriously, less posting, more working and playing=) Still here.

Though i'm having an issue with my pc sound setup now, i think its my own fault, screwed something up when messing with repeated driver changes.

Somehow i cannot get my GTXP to output real sound now. ARGH. Plugging the surround speaker jack into the front output puts sound at the rear speakers so i know its not a problem with the Z-560's which leads me to believe i either shorted something on my SC when working the pc other day or completely screwed up the driver install in XP. I'm leaning more towards driver problem. Seems the UDA package from Hercules includes 2 possible options for the GTXP and of all things i picked the wrong one...it seems THERE REALLY IS a new version of the GTXP out there now thats a GTXP 7.1 or some crap. Anywho, driver is thoroughly botched now and I gotta reinstall i guess, i mean its messsed UP! heh.

So, for those of you who really are clueless in the end, which we all are;) MAKE SURE NOT TO USE THE 7.1 DRIVER FOR YOUR ORIGIONAL VERSION GTXP!

(note, this experiment in disaster was carried out using world famous stable intel processors and windows XP)

ShadeK

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2002
Hey there!. Intressting problem you got there.. wouldnt mind telling me alittle more about it?
I have a GTXP 6.1 and...
i cant get any sound outa my front speakers at all .. i bought the comp 2 mouths ago.. and well never got it working correctly... "i use the rare speakers as front by not using 3d sound instaid".. anyways.. anyhow.. somehow i managed to [-peep-] up my soundcard TOTALY!!! by installing the 7.1 drivers and well.. what can i say .. i cant get it to work again.. if i remove everything and start over again well.... it ask after a disc 1. file [-peep-] something "#¤%&/()=!!!! from 7.1, and i cant get it to NOT to do that.!! i dont whant this bloody file... im getting so damn frustrated ... any input would help!! im geting so bloody tired of it all!!

thanX /ShadeK

"by the way im running Win-XP "

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by shadek on 10/29/02 04:46 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
yeup, thats it, don't install the 7.1 drivers if you have the origional 5.1/6.1 release GTXP, if you do you end having to do massive brain surgery or reformat.

Windows is like a house of cards... One wrong move and it all comes crashing down.