rpasell

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2001
We had one of the hard drives on our print server take a dump. It was set up as a software mirror, so we still have the server and it runs. I pulled the old hard drive, and replaced it with a new one. The SCSI controller recognizes the drive, but NT does not. I moved the good drive to ID 0, and put the new one on ID 1. Disk administrator still shows the good disk in slot Disk 1, and nothing in slot Disk 0. When I start disk administrator I get the following error 'Disk administrator has determined that one or more disks have been removed from your computer since disk Administrator was last run, or that one or more hard disks are offline. Configuration information about the mising disk will be retained'. Any ideas on why NT won't recognize the drive, and how I can fix it? Do I need to rejumper the drives? If so, why does the SCSI controller see the drive OK?

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Your jumpers must be OK since your controller recognizes the drives. I dont have any experience with software RAID, but I would expect that you should find some option that lets you rebuild the mirror. The reason for the OS not seeing the drive properly is perhaps because the mirror is invalid. After the mirror is rebuild you should see the drives ok.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Of course any new drives will need a partition assigned and will have to be formatted before use.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>