Asus Probe install causing system error... help!

G

Hello -

I have had an Asus A7V266-E motherboard... I tried loading the Asus Probe software on my computer, and as the install began it froze the computer -- now when I boot up the system, it prompts with the following error when the Windows 2000 login screen comes up:

<b>WINNT\system32\drivers\aslm75.sys device driver could not be loaded. Error status was 0xc000012f</b>

Every time I try to install the Asus Probe software now it freezes in that same place during installation, so I can never successfully install it.
I have installed it once successfully in the past on this same system configuration (reformatted since that time). The version of Probe I first tried was 2.15.00 from the original CDROM, I then also tried the latest version off the web with the same result... my BIOS and Via drivers are all current. I don't necessarily care about ever getting Probe to work, I'd be happy enough just fixing these errors it has caused.

I tried to get help from Asus, but their tech support is a joke. After sending this information to them on two occasions, I have yet to get even an inkling of intelligent help from them.

Thanks!

(System config: AMD Athlon XP 1800+, Asus A7V266-E, 512MB DDR2100 RAM 1DIMM from Crucial, two Maxtor 40GB D740X 7200RPM drives, Soundblaster Live value, Matrox Millennium G400 32MB dualhead, Tekram DC-315/U SCSI card, SMC1211 10/100 ethernet, Sony SCSI CD-RW, Antec SX-840 case, Windows 2000 w/all latest drivers&updates)

Raila

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2001
Asus and Tech support do NOT belong in the same sentence.. as they are totally incompatible.

Its doing a partial install and then locking. Have you tried to UNInstall it completely?

To Be or Not to be... DAMN but that is confusing!

G

It's not installed at all (doesnt show up in add-remove programs) it did make a folder and a single file though, which I've tried deleting but it remakes them each time. I agree - I will unfortunately never be buying an Asus product again no matter if its the best thing in the world - I can't believe the shoddy service... I wouldn't mind "that much" not being able to have personal tech support and would gladly enough use their tech support forum - IF IT WORKED! hehe... I'm thinking of writing to them and offering my "free" professional services to get their dumb forum working (though I don't think they will understand my perfect English lol). It's been down ever since I bought my board, with a lame excuse.

Anyhow sorry I'm venting hehehe.... hope someone can continue suggesting possible solutions. I've run Norton Systemworks 2002, and it caught nothing about it - any other registry cleaning programs I can "trust" (I've seen some but I'm afraid to use em since they want to delete thousands of entries lol).

Thanks!

Raila

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2001
hmm
If it created a folder, then it has put something elsewhere as well.
How thurough is the Systemworks?
The Norton Utilities I used to use on my 98 setups was pretty decent, though Im sure that there are many here that dont like it. But for someone whom has no will to learn all the ins and outs of the Reg... it was pretty nice :>

Im more hardware oriented, not software.. heh :>

Had you updated the Systemworks lately PS?

To Be or Not to be... DAMN but that is confusing!

G

I have the exact same board, the only problem I have had with it was it locked up loading something, i can't remember what it was but I checked the onboard jumpers for the ram voltage which by defualt out of the box was set to 2.8v! Strange really, set it to 2.5v and all is well.
Might be the problem, its worth a look anyway.

<font color=orange>Beam</font color=orange><font color=red> me</font color=red><font color=green> up</font color=green><font color=blue> Scotty</font color=blue> :wink:

TRENDING THREADS