Killer wireless card 1130 vs 1202

jskshs

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
hi guz
I want to buy a killer wireless network card.
I know 1202 has 300mbps wifi+bluetooth and 1103 has 450mbps wifi only.
my concern is I had hp laptop before and when ever I use wifi and blutooth together my wifi and bluetooth interfear each other since both system uses 2.4ghz frequency.
will I might have same problem if i go for 1202?

the_letter_J

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
This is an old thread, but I guess better late than never with the answer: the trick is to use 2.4ghz bluetooth, and simultaneously use 5.0ghz wifi, which means either wifi-A or the 5ghz-flavor of wifi-N. The 1202 can handle a/b/g/n flavors of wifi, so doing this is no problem, as long as you have an access-point that supports wifi-A and/or the 5ghz-flavor of wifi-N. You can also use the same trick with the 1103, and a separate usb-dongle for bluetooth -- 5ghz for wifi, and 2.4ghz for bluetooth. (You might even achieve some small amount of reducing interference in this manner, since your wifi-antennas and your bluetooth antennas will be physically separated in the 1103 + usbDongleForBluetooth approach, but methinks this will be a vanishingly-small problem... the spectrum differentiation ought to be enough.)

That said, note that interference from "ambient sources" like microwaves, washing machines, cordless phones, other laptops/networkDevices/etc, and so on (not to mention structural interference like walls & trees) can also really hurt... probably more than the self-inflicted interference that we are discussing above. Just because you are trying to restrict your laptop's use of the 2.4ghz spectrum, leaving it empty save for bluetooth transmissions, does not mean your other devices and your neighbors will also respect that wish.