Sign in with
Your question
Closed

My mouse and keyboard freeze all of the sudden

Last response: in Windows 7
May 10, 2012 5:26:19 PM

Hello.
I've recently bought a brand new computer.

Motherboard: Asrock H61M-VGS
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 550ti
Processor : i5 4x3.3ghz
Mouse: Logitech mx518
Keyboard: Razer Arctosa

A week ago I installed Windows 7 Ultimate. Everything was just fine.
2 days ago i've noticed that my keyboard and mouse simultaneously stop working. Everything else is still working - computer, internet, music - but mouse and keyboard just dont respond.
Unplug/plug doesnt help. I reboot my pc - seems like problem is fixed but after some time keyboard and mouse stop working again.

Help please.
a b $ Windows 7
May 10, 2012 5:37:01 PM

maybe you have the mouse/keyboard plugged into the usb 3.0 ports and your usb 3.0 drivers are corrupt
re install chipset and usb 3.0 drivers with the cd that came with your motherboard
May 10, 2012 5:38:00 PM

I'll try that, thanks.
Related resources
May 10, 2012 5:47:24 PM

I've just reinstalled motherboard drivers. Please do not close this thread, it may freeze once again tomorrow. I work till 7 pm tomorrow, when I get back home i'll turn on my CPU so if it doesnt freeze whole evening i'm gonna post it here.
If it won't help i'll post here as well :) 
May 10, 2012 6:21:48 PM

Hey!
My keyboard and mouse has frozen once again. Any more tips? :( 
a b $ Windows 7
May 10, 2012 6:30:57 PM

check to see what plugged into your usb ports. sometime you can have to many devices plugged in or a high powered device like an ipad and it can cuase the usb hub to lock up. i would also see what you have running on your pc you could have an issues with a program trying to run in the back ground. use ms config and turn everything off in start up other than your anti virus software.
a b $ Windows 7
May 10, 2012 6:31:36 PM

Hi,

There is a bit of contradiction here:
you say

Quote:
2 days ago I've noticed that my keyboard and mouse simultaneously stop working. Everything else is still working

then

Quote:
computer, internet, music - but mouse and keyboard just don't respond.

How do you know internet and music still works , you plugged in another keyboard. You can browse the net without a mouse and keyboard....

It's not because the music still going that it's not the computer who crashed. ( the computer can crash and still hear music for a few seconds)

1- try in safe mode, does it freeze
2- check for virus and do all updates
3-check you temperatures

good luck
May 10, 2012 6:34:54 PM

Nope. I do use headset and I can literally hear music in my ears. About computer - I know it doesn't freeze cause when I'm chatting with my friends and my keyboard/mouse freeze and if they keep messaging me i can see the messages. That's how I know it's only Keyboard and mouse freezing.

I'll check all three points, thanks.
May 10, 2012 6:58:17 PM

This may not be any help, but I had a similar problem. Keyboard and mouse (logitech G13, 19, & 700) stop working for no reason and only a reboot restores them (very frustrating in the middle of a firefight, lol) It turned out to be a problem with setpoint. I only mention this because I notice you're using their mx518. So far, haven't had the problem since I updated it. Had to look for it on their support site, that 'update' feature in the included software has never found an update yet.
May 21, 2012 5:51:20 AM

Hello. I've tried all from above and it still keeps freezing.
There is one difference - the mouse and keyboard freeze and unfreeze after few seconds multiple times - then it stops working and I need to reboot the cpu to restore them again.
Please help.
May 21, 2012 9:18:37 AM

Are all your drivers up to date?
Try plugging your keyboard and mouse in other ports and if you have PS/2 ports yous could buy a converter.
May 21, 2012 12:01:01 PM

I installed drivers that came with my motherboard (as you recommended above) + Logitech , razer newest drivers (Set point and razer arctosa)
So yeah i think all my drivers are up to date.
About converter - should i get 2 converters for both mice and keyboard then? Or there is a way to fix it w/o converters? please help
I can hear the sound of plugin out/in when the cursor freezes. It does so multiple times then it freezes completly and i need to reboot the pc.
May 22, 2012 1:46:17 AM

Have you checked under Deevices and printer and try troubleshooting also.....
May 31, 2012 11:43:44 AM

Hello. I've tried everything above. I used ps2 converters which doesn't work at all. I bought 2, one for keyboard and the other one for the mice. They both don't work though.
My mouse and keyboard still keep freezing, any advice?
June 1, 2012 3:02:58 AM

matheo_03 said:
Hello. I've tried everything above. I used ps2 converters which doesn't work at all. I bought 2, one for keyboard and the other one for the mice. They both don't work though.
My mouse and keyboard still keep freezing, any advice?

Maybe it's some problem with the ports in your system.
Have you tried them in a friends house or on another computer?
If they still don't work then it must be a problem with the hardware and you can RMA it if possible or get a exchange under warranty.
!