REQ: how to make i730 wallpaper and mp3 to wave for ringto..

What size and resolution must a picture be? Must it be a gif
or a jpg? Which? Any particular software to use?

Mostly same questions for the mp3s. What size, bitrate should the wav
be and what mp3 to wav software is a good one to use?

I have a cable and WebJal. I can upload wallpaper (if it's already in
proper format for the phone). I have a mp3 to wav converter, but after
conversion and upload to phone, wav will not work as ringtone. Someone
at one of the nextel web sites did an mp3 for me, but gave no info on
how to. I would like to learn how to do it myself.

Is there a faq or tutorial somewhere? Thanks, Any help much
appreciated.

Please respond in this group or webjd3@hotmail.com
1 answer Last reply
More about make i730 wallpaper wave ringto

    <!!!gators!!!> wrote in message
    > What size and resolution must a picture be? Must it be a gif
    > or a jpg? Which? Any particular software to use?
    >
    > Mostly same questions for the mp3s. What size, bitrate should the wav
    > be and what mp3 to wav software is a good one to use?
    >
    > I have a cable and WebJal. I can upload wallpaper (if it's already in
    > proper format for the phone). I have a mp3 to wav converter, but after
    > conversion and upload to phone, wav will not work as ringtone. Someone
    > at one of the nextel web sites did an mp3 for me, but gave no info on
    > how to. I would like to learn how to do it myself.

    Most phones that can accept pictures need standard jpeg pics and the size
    depends on the particular phone. Check on one of the numerous motorola
    forums on the web and you might discover what size is needed. My V710's
    native screen size (for wallpaper for instance) is 176h by 220v. It'll
    accept other sizes too, but they will display cropped a bit depending on the
    aspect ratio of the pic. My V710 also accepts GIF pics too (including most
    animated ones, as long as they are on the small side sizewise).

    As for the sounds, most phones that I've seen use MP3 or .MID files, not
    uncompressed .WAV format. I use about a 32k bitrate and resampled down to
    16,000 or so for my V710. I also use a program such as MP3 Cutter or
    Audacity (both free was far as I know) to cut the length of MP3s down to
    10-20 seconds at most. Any more and you're wasting space on the (limited)
    phone's memory.

    God Bless America!

    Bob the Printer

    Our web pages are located at:
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bdolson/

    Now with a picture link to the webcam near
    Mount St. Helens volcano!

    Or you can click on the link below to go to the
    the Mt. St. Helens page.
    http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/

    Please note that if it's nighttime there you
    will see nothing but 'hash' in the picture.

Motorola MP3 Wallpaper