Motorola V600 - Disable ring-style buttons on side of phone

Last response: in Brands
October 24, 2004 6:01:34 PM

With a V600 is it possible to prevent the ring-style changing when the
buttons are accidentally pressed on the side of the phone. This is really
annoying me as the ring-style often changes from loud to silent or vibrate
when the phone's in my pocket!

Ben
October 24, 2004 6:01:35 PM

yes, just use the lock application feature on your ringstyles menu, or seem
edit your 0032_0001 seem to enable the classic and always useful menu * lock
keypad function.
"bengy" <ben.fidge@nospam_btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> With a V600 is it possible to prevent the ring-style changing when the
> buttons are accidentally pressed on the side of the phone. This is really
> annoying me as the ring-style often changes from loud to silent or vibrate
> when the phone's in my pocket!
>
> Ben

Anonymous
October 24, 2004 6:01:36 PM

But doesn't that lock all of the keys?

"Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message
> yes, just use the lock application feature on your ringstyles menu, or
> seem
> edit your 0032_0001 seem to enable the classic and always useful menu *
> lock
> keypad function.
> "bengy" <ben.fidge@nospam_btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> With a V600 is it possible to prevent the ring-style changing when the
>> buttons are accidentally pressed on the side of the phone. This is really
>> annoying me as the ring-style often changes from loud to silent or
>> vibrate
>> when the phone's in my pocket!
>>
>> Ben

Related resources
October 28, 2004 7:11:07 AM

The Menu *? Yes, you would have to hit Menu * before using the cell, but
not to answer a call
"Attilia the Hun" <slbarrus@cs.com> wrote in message
> But doesn't that lock all of the keys?
>

> "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message
> > yes, just use the lock application feature on your ringstyles menu, or
> > seem
> > edit your 0032_0001 seem to enable the classic and always useful menu *
> > lock
> > keypad function.
> > "bengy" <ben.fidge@nospam_btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> >> With a V600 is it possible to prevent the ring-style changing when the
> >> buttons are accidentally pressed on the side of the phone. This is
really
> >> annoying me as the ring-style often changes from loud to silent or
> >> vibrate
> >> when the phone's in my pocket!
> >>
> >> Ben

October 29, 2004 4:49:15 AM

Not sure about V600 but V300 works as follows. Probably same for
yours. Menu\Settings\Security\Lock Application\ *****Now enter
your unlock code****** \Ring Styles *change it to locked* and
there you go. Ring styles are locked out. You have to enter the
unlock code to changed them. You can change to vibrate mode by
repeatedly pressing volume down while the flip is open. It will ask
for unlock code, just ignore it. Change it back by repeately
pressing volume up key until it's back to the volume level you prefer.

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 03:11:07 -0400, "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com>
wrote:

>The Menu *? Yes, you would have to hit Menu * before using the cell, but
>not to answer a call
>"Attilia the Hun" <slbarrus@cs.com> wrote in message
>> But doesn't that lock all of the keys?
>>

>> "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message
>> > yes, just use the lock application feature on your ringstyles menu, or
>> > seem
>> > edit your 0032_0001 seem to enable the classic and always useful menu *
>> > lock
>> > keypad function.
>> > "bengy" <ben.fidge@nospam_btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>really

Anonymous
October 31, 2004 1:37:04 AM

Some users seems to use the security feature (protections on
applications) of this phone to protect/restrict the ring-style changing.
Don't know if it works. Let us know !

!