DTS-ES & DTS-EX --- Where's the products!?!?!

riko

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2002
I've found 3 cards that offer 6.1/7.1 whatever quasi Dolby Digital EX. If you can beleive the manufacturers. But then again why should we. They never, ever respond to queries whether they be for support or for product info.

I can tell you the SB5.1 live is my last sound upgrade until I find a card that does dts-ex & DD-ex 6.1. Period!! Exclamation point!!! Finale!! Little offering for the bucks they expect me to pour out especially in comparison to the fantastic advances in video. Hahaha I laugh at their little plastic boxes cards plus speaker systems some vendors are hawking.

What about the THX Ultra 2 spec. Any voiceless wonders investigating that for us. I hope an new entrant busts this conspiracy of silence wide open and delivers good products at value. Hey what about Logitec or MS swalloing up a nohitter like SB. No!! Really!! Ticks me to see this big bs product announcement for Audig 2 lackluster piece.

I wanna listen to DTS-ES DVD's is that so difficult to understand or deliver on?

Hey is it really so hard to answer an e-mail or advance promote products?

Issues
I'm taking my football and going home!

Why don't you take a serious look at the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, its closer to what you're looking for. Ryan

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

riko

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2002
Thanks again for the response...

I was checking the site and it looks fairly interesting, but then anyone that makes something different deserves examination.

It's like another thread in the group, SPECIFICATIONS. Some will provide THD, others SNR, some both, some none. And we all know how statistics can be manipulated, or tests bumped.

I was reading in MAX'PC how vendors were overclocking when they shipped PC's for review and testing, but not necessarily announcing it. MAX'PC picked up on this and has told its readership it will let them know who's doing what. (Surprisingly in the subsequent issue, of the fastest game PC's, it almost ridiculed one vendor for shipping it " stock " and not overclocking... the dorks!!). If the manufacturers do not ship them tweaked and or accept responsibility for the config settings then they shouldn't be set that way unless you have lots of money, time, or have to live on the edge cause you're bullied by, or scared of, your peer group.

So I can investigate, and will be lucky if a reseller actually has a set-up to demonstrate [that to me is the mark of a forward thinking, quality oriented business, openly exhibiting their products], but stats may only confuse the issue and most people only have limited experience with a narrow range of hardware but 'steel-up' their biases and preferences as if the've tested it all and continue to test objectively.

I'd have to perceive a real quality difference.

I've got them bookmarked (Turtle Beach Santa Cruz) and will let you know if they respond in any way to an v-mail/e-mail query about their products.

Riko