A630 coming out on T-Mobile?

Last response: in Brands
Share
October 24, 2004 7:53:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

The Motorola A630 phone is supposed to come out very soon. It looks quite
cool, with a lot of nice features:

http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/products/A...

The word was first that it would first come out in the USA on T-Mobile. Then
later T-Mobile and Cingular simultaneously. In fact, someone wrote (on a web
board) that Amazon had it for pre-order now for both T-Mobile and Cingular.

I searched Amazon's web site, and only found the pre-order from Cingular,
none for T-Mobile. The latter must have been pulled from the web site.
Anyone know why? Did T-Mobile drop out of the agreement to carry this phone?

It looks like all the cool innovative new phones have become available first
on Cingular or ATTW. For instance, the new Microsoft Smartphone Motorola
mpx220 has now become available on Cingular. (Although the rumor months ago
was that it would first become available on T-Mobile.) ATTW has another new
MS Smartphone, I think it's the Audiovox 5600. Not even one such smartphone
is available on T-Mobile.

Anyone know why this is going on in general, why all the innovative new
phones, smartphones, etc., are going to Cingular/ATTW, and none to T-Mobile?

Also--anyone know what is going on with the A630? Will it be available on
T-Mobile? When? How about the A780, which also looks like a cool phone with
great features? When will that be out, and on which carrier?

I am a T-Mobile customer, and with my contract expired, could get a new
phone (which I would like to get soon) at the new customer discount (in
exchange for contract renewal). But T-Mobile sure doesn't seem to have the
best choice in phone handsets.

More about : a630 coming mobile

Anonymous
October 24, 2004 11:22:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

It is supposed to be this next month or so... There have been several
revisions... Im waiting for mine... An avowed Mto freak and Accompli 009
fan, many comon feels... actually held a test one in my hands for few
minutes....

" MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message
> The Motorola A630 phone is supposed to come out very soon. It looks quite
> cool, with a lot of nice features:
>
> http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/products/A...
>
> The word was first that it would first come out in the USA on T-Mobile.
Then
> later T-Mobile and Cingular simultaneously. In fact, someone wrote (on a
web
> board) that Amazon had it for pre-order now for both T-Mobile and
Cingular.

> I searched Amazon's web site, and only found the pre-order from Cingular,
> none for T-Mobile. The latter must have been pulled from the web site.
> Anyone know why? Did T-Mobile drop out of the agreement to carry this
phone?

> It looks like all the cool innovative new phones have become available
first
> on Cingular or ATTW. For instance, the new Microsoft Smartphone Motorola
> mpx220 has now become available on Cingular. (Although the rumor months
ago
> was that it would first become available on T-Mobile.) ATTW has another
new
> MS Smartphone, I think it's the Audiovox 5600. Not even one such
smartphone
> is available on T-Mobile.
>
> Anyone know why this is going on in general, why all the innovative new
> phones, smartphones, etc., are going to Cingular/ATTW, and none to
T-Mobile?

> Also--anyone know what is going on with the A630? Will it be available on
> T-Mobile? When? How about the A780, which also looks like a cool phone
with
> great features? When will that be out, and on which carrier?
>
> I am a T-Mobile customer, and with my contract expired, could get a new
> phone (which I would like to get soon) at the new customer discount (in
> exchange for contract renewal). But T-Mobile sure doesn't seem to have the
> best choice in phone handsets.

October 24, 2004 11:22:28 PM

"It is only me" <SpamLess@SpamOh.Com> wrote in message
> It is supposed to be this next month or so... There have been several
> revisions... Im waiting for mine... An avowed Mto freak and Accompli 009
> fan, many comon feels... actually held a test one in my hands for few
> minutes....

Do you know why it apparently appeared on Amazon.com as a pre-order for
T-Mobile and then was taken off the site, although it still appears for
Cingular there?

You say you held one in your hand. Did you get to try it out at all?

> " MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > The Motorola A630 phone is supposed to come out very soon. It looks
quite
> > cool, with a lot of nice features:
> >
> > http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/products/A...
> >
> > The word was first that it would first come out in the USA on T-Mobile.
> Then
> > later T-Mobile and Cingular simultaneously. In fact, someone wrote (on a
> web
> > board) that Amazon had it for pre-order now for both T-Mobile and
> Cingular.
> >
> > I searched Amazon's web site, and only found the pre-order from
Cingular,
> > none for T-Mobile. The latter must have been pulled from the web site.
> > Anyone know why? Did T-Mobile drop out of the agreement to carry this
> phone?
> >
> > It looks like all the cool innovative new phones have become available
> first
> > on Cingular or ATTW. For instance, the new Microsoft Smartphone Motorola
> > mpx220 has now become available on Cingular. (Although the rumor months
> ago
> > was that it would first become available on T-Mobile.) ATTW has another
> new
> > MS Smartphone, I think it's the Audiovox 5600. Not even one such
> smartphone
> > is available on T-Mobile.
> >
> > Anyone know why this is going on in general, why all the innovative new
> > phones, smartphones, etc., are going to Cingular/ATTW, and none to
> T-Mobile?
> >
> > Also--anyone know what is going on with the A630? Will it be available
on
> > T-Mobile? When? How about the A780, which also looks like a cool phone
> with
> > great features? When will that be out, and on which carrier?
> >
> > I am a T-Mobile customer, and with my contract expired, could get a new
> > phone (which I would like to get soon) at the new customer discount (in
> > exchange for contract renewal). But T-Mobile sure doesn't seem to have
the
> > best choice in phone handsets.

October 25, 2004 1:29:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Like for five minutes... Cross an Accompli 009 with a V600... Yet looks
outside like soemthing more like C332/352 series...

There have been some software issues... Is what I was told...

But they are supposed to have been corrected...

> "It is only me" <SpamLess@SpamOh.Com> wrote in message
> > It is supposed to be this next month or so... There have been several
> > revisions... Im waiting for mine... An avowed Mto freak and Accompli 009
> > fan, many comon feels... actually held a test one in my hands for few
> > minutes....
>
> Do you know why it apparently appeared on Amazon.com as a pre-order for
> T-Mobile and then was taken off the site, although it still appears for
> Cingular there?
>
> You say you held one in your hand. Did you get to try it out at all?
>

> > " MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > The Motorola A630 phone is supposed to come out very soon. It looks
> quite
> > > cool, with a lot of nice features:
> > >
> > > http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/products/A...
> > >
> > > The word was first that it would first come out in the USA on
T-Mobile.
> > Then
> > > later T-Mobile and Cingular simultaneously. In fact, someone wrote (on
> > web
> > > board) that Amazon had it for pre-order now for both T-Mobile and
> > Cingular.
> > >
> > > I searched Amazon's web site, and only found the pre-order from
> Cingular,
> > > none for T-Mobile. The latter must have been pulled from the web site.
> > > Anyone know why? Did T-Mobile drop out of the agreement to carry this
> > phone?
> > >
> > > It looks like all the cool innovative new phones have become available
> > first
> > > on Cingular or ATTW. For instance, the new Microsoft Smartphone
Motorola
> > > mpx220 has now become available on Cingular. (Although the rumor
months
> > ago
> > > was that it would first become available on T-Mobile.) ATTW has
another
> > new
> > > MS Smartphone, I think it's the Audiovox 5600. Not even one such
> > smartphone
> > > is available on T-Mobile.
> > >
> > > Anyone know why this is going on in general, why all the innovative
new
> > > phones, smartphones, etc., are going to Cingular/ATTW, and none to
> > T-Mobile?
> > >
> > > Also--anyone know what is going on with the A630? Will it be available
> on
> > > T-Mobile? When? How about the A780, which also looks like a cool phone
> > with
> > > great features? When will that be out, and on which carrier?
> > >
> > > I am a T-Mobile customer, and with my contract expired, could get a
new
> > > phone (which I would like to get soon) at the new customer discount
(in
> > > exchange for contract renewal). But T-Mobile sure doesn't seem to have
> the
> > > best choice in phone handsets.

Anonymous
October 25, 2004 10:23:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Tri-band, not quad band.
No EDGE.
Late to market.
Expensive.
Pity.

In <htydnaZQ36qOyuHcRVn-2A@rcn.net> on Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:29:22 -0400, "It is

--
Best regards,
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/&gt;

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

T-Mobile has had some part of the "new" stuff ... exclusive for the h6310 iPaq/Phone converged device.

B H

:
[...]
October 26, 2004 9:38:08 PM

"Bob H" <ylp17410@comcast.net> wrote in message
>T-Mobile has had some part of the "new" stuff ... exclusive for the h6310
iPaq/Phone converged device.

True. I guess that isn't the kind of thing that interests me.

I actually have a Pocket PC, an IPAQ 2210, and I like it a lot. But I
certainly wouldn't want a Pocket PC to be my main cell phone, not a good
form factor for that, IMO.

Some of the Smartphones, however, not just the Microsoft ones but others as
well, have the same form as a cell phone, but have more PDA and other such
functions than other phones. That would be nice convergence to me. It
wouldn't replace my Pocket PC for all situations, as the screen is smaller,
and smartphones do not have all the capacity of a PPC, but often it might.
(And I definitely want one with Bluetooth, so the Pocket PC (which has
built-in BT) could connect to the phone wirelessly for Internet connection.)

Actually there are some new Pocket PC phones coming out, such as the
Motorola MPX, that have more of the form of a phone than a PPC. That would
be nice too.

In general, T-Mobile seems to have far less of the new convergent phones
than ATTW/Cingular.
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 3:05:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

The A630 appeared on the "Coming Soon" section of Streamline last week.
Look for it mid-November barring any delays. There's a sweet new Samsung
megapixel camera phone coming out, too. Pricey, though. I don't remember
the name of it offhand.
" MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message
> The Motorola A630 phone is supposed to come out very soon. It looks quite
> cool, with a lot of nice features:
>
> http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/products/A...
>
> The word was first that it would first come out in the USA on T-Mobile.
Then
> later T-Mobile and Cingular simultaneously. In fact, someone wrote (on a
web
> board) that Amazon had it for pre-order now for both T-Mobile and
Cingular.

> I searched Amazon's web site, and only found the pre-order from Cingular,
> none for T-Mobile. The latter must have been pulled from the web site.
> Anyone know why? Did T-Mobile drop out of the agreement to carry this
phone?

> It looks like all the cool innovative new phones have become available
first
> on Cingular or ATTW. For instance, the new Microsoft Smartphone Motorola
> mpx220 has now become available on Cingular. (Although the rumor months
ago
> was that it would first become available on T-Mobile.) ATTW has another
new
> MS Smartphone, I think it's the Audiovox 5600. Not even one such
smartphone
> is available on T-Mobile.
>
> Anyone know why this is going on in general, why all the innovative new
> phones, smartphones, etc., are going to Cingular/ATTW, and none to
T-Mobile?

> Also--anyone know what is going on with the A630? Will it be available on
> T-Mobile? When? How about the A780, which also looks like a cool phone
with
> great features? When will that be out, and on which carrier?
>
> I am a T-Mobile customer, and with my contract expired, could get a new
> phone (which I would like to get soon) at the new customer discount (in
> exchange for contract renewal). But T-Mobile sure doesn't seem to have the
> best choice in phone handsets.

October 28, 2004 11:58:02 PM

"What's In A Name?" <notmyemail@knology.net> wrote in message
> The A630 appeared on the "Coming Soon" section of Streamline last week.
> Look for it mid-November barring any delays. There's a sweet new Samsung
> megapixel camera phone coming out, too. Pricey, though. I don't remember
> the name of it offhand.

On T-Mobile? (I'm not familiar with "Streamline".)

Is the Samsung model a smartphone? Does it have Bluetooth?
November 14, 2004 4:08:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Today, in a T-Mobile store (Long Beach, CA) I saw an A630. It was in a glass
display case, so I could not check it out much. It was opened, so I saw the
keyboard. I did not see the outside. I asked if it was available--not yet,
but he thought they would have them in a week or so. So, it looks like
T-Mobile will have them.

I don't know if it will be a good phone. Innovative design though.

Interestingly, the phone does not appear at all on Amazon.com now. It
appeared several weeks ago, listed for both Cingular and T-Mobile. Then it
was just listed for Cingular. Now it is not listed at all. I guess Amazon
got tired of waiting for it.

!