where do you buy games online?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Where are good places to buy online?

Games like Echo: Secrets of the Lost Cavern
and Return to Misterious Island

With good places I mean reasenable shipping costs and fast shipping.

I live in Canada
14 answers Last reply
More about where games online
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    "Werner" <newsl@cablerocket.com> wrote in message
    > Where are good places to buy online?
    >
    > Games like Echo: Secrets of the Lost Cavern
    > and Return to Misterious Island
    >
    > With good places I mean reasenable shipping costs and fast shipping.
    >
    > I live in Canada

    www.gogamer.com , great prices, service, shipping, and they get all the
    imports, but not exactly the best source for adventure games. I tend to use
    E-bay for anything else.

    turk
    --
    My last vestige of "hands off religion" respect disappeared in the smoke and
    choking dust of September 11th 2001, followed by the "National Day of

    "Werner" <newsl@cablerocket.com> wrote in message
    > Where are good places to buy online?
    >
    > Games like Echo: Secrets of the Lost Cavern
    > and Return to Misterious Island
    >
    > With good places I mean reasenable shipping costs and fast shipping.
    >
    > I live in Canada

    You could try www.interactcd.com or www.dvdboxoffice.com
    Interact r based in the U.S, it look likes they charge $5.00 for shipping to
    Canada, cheaper shipping if you have game without box (don't know y anyone
    would want to do that) :-))
    dvdboxoffice r located in Canada (i think) but i know you can be charged in
    either Canadian or U.S $'s. The good thing is they are free shipping.

    HTH
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    "Werner" <newsl@cablerocket.com> schreef in bericht
    > Where are good places to buy online?
    >
    > Games like Echo: Secrets of the Lost Cavern
    > and Return to Misterious Island
    >
    > With good places I mean reasenable shipping costs and fast shipping.
    >
    > I live in Canada

    Ask MaryJ or Murray..........:-) :-)......!!!
    I buy them here................... http://www.dpluss.nl/
    ( It is a Dutch shop.........I am from Holland!!)
    Good luck!
    Barbara
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    "turk" <turk96@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > "Werner" <newsl@cablerocket.com> wrote in message
    > > Where are good places to buy online?
    > >
    > > Games like Echo: Secrets of the Lost Cavern
    > > and Return to Misterious Island
    > >
    > > With good places I mean reasenable shipping costs and fast shipping.
    > >
    > > I live in Canada
    >
    > www.gogamer.com , great prices, service, shipping, and they get all the
    > imports, but not exactly the best source for adventure games. I tend to
    use
    > E-bay for anything else.

    <snip>

    I will second gogamer. I've been purchasing from them for probably 5-6
    years (since before they were gogamer) and I've ALWAYS been pleased.
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    Werner wrote:
    > Where are good places to buy online?
    >
    > Games like Echo: Secrets of the Lost Cavern
    > and Return to Misterious Island
    >
    > With good places I mean reasenable shipping costs and fast shipping.
    >
    > I live in Canada

    Thank you for all suggestions!

    I just ordered at Interact.
    Prices and shipping costs are pretty good there.
    Now we'll see how long it takes to get the games.
    I'll let you know!
    Gogamers and Dvdboxoffice didn't have those games.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    "B.C." <my@emailisinvalid> wrote in message

    > "Werner" <newsl@cablerocket.com> schreef in bericht
    > > Where are good places to buy online?
    > >
    > > Games like Echo: Secrets of the Lost Cavern
    > > and Return to Misterious Island
    > >
    > > With good places I mean reasenable shipping costs and fast shipping.
    > >
    > > I live in Canada
    >
    > Ask MaryJ or Murray..........:-) :-)......!!!
    > I buy them here................... http://www.dpluss.nl/
    > ( It is a Dutch shop.........I am from Holland!!)
    > Good luck!
    > Barbara

    I live in Toronto but I have never bought a game online since I can buy
    them in various local stores in my area. But have heard a couple of
    people (from the US actually) who have bought
    games online from http://www.cdromshop.com/home.html (located in
    Toronto)- I took a look at their site and their shipping charges within
    Canada seem to be high ($9.00 Can) as they seem to ship by Registered
    mail. They use UPS to ship within the US for $8.00 US so not much more.
    Or www.dvdboxoffice.com , also in Toronto, but someone mentions in
    another message, that they can often be out of stock. Or Adventure
    Company is also located in Toronto and you can order games from them if
    they published the game. http://www.adventurecompanygames.com/tac/
    -they use Canada Post or UPS but don't mention the price.

    www.interactcd.com is a US company. Their game prices seem reasonable,
    and their shipping is $5.00 US to ship to Canada via US Postal/Canada
    Post. Just a reminder, their prices are in US dollars and would be
    converted into Canadian dollars when they get to Canada. Just so you are
    aware of it, our Customs exemption is only $16.50 Can. for packages
    coming to Canada, then you pay 15% tax on the value (except in Alberta)
    plus $5.00 postal fee.

    HTH

    Mary
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    Quoth The Raven "Werner" <newsl@cablerocket.com> in

    for aussies: http://www.gamesmarket.com.au/

    --
    If you are willing to admit faults, you have one less fault to admit.

    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 19:26:25 +1000, Highlandish wrote:

    > Quoth The Raven "Werner" <newsl@cablerocket.com> in
    > 42f8479c$0$3732$2c56edd9@news.cablerocket.com
    >> Where are good places to buy online?
    >> Games like Echo: Secrets of the Lost Cavern
    >> and Return to Misterious Island
    >> With good places I mean reasenable shipping costs and fast shipping.
    >> I live in Canada
    > for aussies: http://www.gamesmarket.com.au/

    Or for impatient Aussie adventure game players who don't want to wait weeks
    or months for some titles to get local release, try
    http://www.interactcd.com

    Reasonable international shipping prices (one of the few online game stores
    that has a shipping option other than expensive courier), plus always prompt
    with processing and email communication. As a repeat customer, I highly
    recommend them.

    I don't recommend DVD Box Office at all. In my experience they are
    frequently out of stock and then can take ages for orders to be filled. I
    haven't dealt with them for years now, so maybe they've improved.

    > --
    > If you are willing to admit faults, you have one less fault to admit.
    > Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    "Melketh" <abcdef@ghijk.com> wrote in message

    > "turk" <turk96@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> "Werner" <newsl@cablerocket.com> wrote in message
    >> > Where are good places to buy online?
    >> >
    >> > Games like Echo: Secrets of the Lost Cavern
    >> > and Return to Misterious Island
    >> >
    >> > With good places I mean reasenable shipping costs and fast shipping.
    >> >
    >> > I live in Canada
    >>
    >> www.gogamer.com , great prices, service, shipping, and they get all the
    >> imports, but not exactly the best source for adventure games. I tend to
    > use
    >> E-bay for anything else.
    >>
    > <snip>
    >
    > I will second gogamer. I've been purchasing from them for probably 5-6
    > years (since before they were gogamer) and I've ALWAYS been pleased.

    Yes, the compuexpert days, I believe. I've been ordering them for years,
    too. They always give you free stuff, ship same day and the 48 hour
    specials are great. Unfortunately for the original poster, while placing my
    order for Pro Cycling Manager and pre-order of Madden 2k6, I noticed that
    they only ship to the USA, and he/she is in Canada.

    turk
    --
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely,
    the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great

    "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
    > Quoth The Raven "Werner" <newsl@cablerocket.com> in
    > 42f8479c$0$3732$2c56edd9@news.cablerocket.com
    > > Where are good places to buy online?
    > >
    > > Games like Echo: Secrets of the Lost Cavern
    > > and Return to Misterious Island
    > >
    > > With good places I mean reasenable shipping costs and fast shipping.
    > >
    > > I live in Canada
    >
    > for aussies: http://www.gamesmarket.com.au/

    Thanks for that link, I use gameswarehouse in Aus, but it is nice to have a
    selection. I pre-ordered darfall 2 from games warehouse and it arrived on
    my doorstep on release day ;-)
    Nice suprise.
    Linda

    > --
    > If you are willing to admit faults, you have one less fault to admit.
    >
    > Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    Quoth The Raven "piester" <piesterl@gopies.com> in
    42f98e67$0$25984$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au
    > "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Quoth The Raven "Werner" <newsl@cablerocket.com> in
    >> 42f8479c$0$3732$2c56edd9@news.cablerocket.com
    >> > Where are good places to buy online?
    >> >
    >> > Games like Echo: Secrets of the Lost Cavern
    >> > and Return to Misterious Island
    >> >
    >> > With good places I mean reasenable shipping costs and fast
    >> > shipping.
    >> >
    >> > I live in Canada
    >>
    >> for aussies: http://www.gamesmarket.com.au/
    >
    > Thanks for that link, I use gameswarehouse in Aus, but it is nice to
    > have a selection. I pre-ordered darfall 2 from games warehouse and
    > it arrived on my doorstep on release day ;-)
    > Nice suprise.
    > Linda

    not a bad selection either
    --
    Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said, "I think I'll drink
    whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!"?

    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    Op Tue, 09 Aug 2005 10:40:55 -0700 schreef Werner
    <newsl@cablerocket.com>:

    >Werner wrote:
    >> Where are good places to buy online?
    >>
    >> Games like Echo: Secrets of the Lost Cavern
    >> and Return to Misterious Island
    >>
    >> With good places I mean reasenable shipping costs and fast shipping.
    >>
    >> I live in Canada
    >
    >Thank you for all suggestions!
    >
    >I just ordered at Interact.
    >Prices and shipping costs are pretty good there.
    >Now we'll see how long it takes to get the games.
    >I'll let you know!
    >Gogamers and Dvdboxoffice didn't have those games.

    I think Interactcd is a great, reliable on-line store to buy games.
    Like you said, pretty good prices. Very fast shipping, the games
    usually arrive within 5 days (I live in Holland) and the questions I
    had were answered promptly in email.

    I used to order games from dvdboxoffice and IF they're in stock,
    everything is fine. But more often than not, you get these annoying
    "backorder" emails. And there's no way to tell from the info if the
    games are REALLY in stock when you order them.
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    "LS" <here!@> wrote in message
    > Op Tue, 09 Aug 2005 10:40:55 -0700 schreef Werner
    > <newsl@cablerocket.com>:
    >
    >>Werner wrote:
    >>> Where are good places to buy online?
    >>>
    >>> Games like Echo: Secrets of the Lost Cavern
    >>> and Return to Misterious Island
    >>>
    >>> With good places I mean reasenable shipping costs and fast shipping.
    >>>
    >>> I live in Canada
    >>
    >>Thank you for all suggestions!
    >>
    >>I just ordered at Interact.
    >>Prices and shipping costs are pretty good there.
    >>Now we'll see how long it takes to get the games.
    >>I'll let you know!
    >>Gogamers and Dvdboxoffice didn't have those games.
    >
    > I think Interactcd is a great, reliable on-line store to buy games.
    > Like you said, pretty good prices. Very fast shipping, the games
    > usually arrive within 5 days (I live in Holland) and the questions I
    > had were answered promptly in email.
    >
    > I used to order games from dvdboxoffice and IF they're in stock,
    > everything is fine. But more often than not, you get these annoying
    > "backorder" emails. And there's no way to tell from the info if the
    > games are REALLY in stock when you order them.

    Yeah, I checked it out and it looked decent enough as far as prices, but...I
    hate to nitpick, but that site is UGLY. Can't even get a shot of the box on
    most games. I like to see the box so I can kind of place the game, unless
    I'm positive on what I want when I go there.

    turk
    --
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely,
    the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great
    and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire
    at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." - H. L.
    Mencken, in the Baltimore Sun, July 26, 1920.
  14. Cheap and legal? Ask here - cheapgames@i.ua

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games