How to get to your router settings when you dont know the usernam pass

Neeliyo

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
So here's my problem,

I want to access my wireless router settings but i don't know my username or pass its my network however I can't access it. Is there a way to retrieve it?

Thanks

Router - TRENDnet TEW-431 BRP

Solution
That is a very old G router so I doubt that there is any warranty left and it has no value if it doesn't work, so what do you have to lose? You can open and fix pretty much anything -- just do it carefully and use common sense as you proceed. An equal quality N router would cost about $25, so if you can fix it you can save a few bucks.

Neeliyo

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012

I tried doing that but there's just a hole there and no button? Is there a way to do it from your computer?

Neeliyo

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012

I tried that I use a paperclip a toothpick but theres no button?

Neeliyo

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012

I checked it but it doesn't say how. Is the username my network name and pass my networks pass?

Neeliyo

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012

This is weird i tried doing exactly what you said but no luck?

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
RouterSecurity.jpg

Find or Change Your Internet Security Passphrase

1)Open the web browser that you use: Firefox,Google Chrome,IE,or Opera and type in the IP address for your router,and press the Enter key.
http://www.routeripaddress.com/ < Router ip addresses can be found here

2)A window will open and then type in your routers default username and password,and press the Enter key again

http://www.routerpasswords.com/ < Router usernames and passwords found here
***** Username and Password may also be located on the side or bottom of your router *****

3)Navigate to the Wireless Security\Network Security Settings Tab and open to locate or change your WEP or WPA Security Passphrase.
Use WPA because it provides better security.

4)Write this Security Passphrase down and put it in a safe place to access when needed.

5)Save settings and close your browser.

For more info about WEP and WPA Wireless Security visit link below.
http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Computer_Science/2007/WEP_WPA_wireless_security.asp

Neeliyo

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012

That doesn't work. They don't list my routers username and pass

Neeliyo

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012

I tried everything you said. There is a reset button but when i put a paper clip in nothing happens.

Neeliyo

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012

I was going to open it but what if i break it or something goes wrong.

RealBeast

Titan
That is a very old G router so I doubt that there is any warranty left and it has no value if it doesn't work, so what do you have to lose? You can open and fix pretty much anything -- just do it carefully and use common sense as you proceed. An equal quality N router would cost about $25, so if you can fix it you can save a few bucks.

Solution

Neeliyo

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012

Thank you so much for your help :) In the end I'm just going to get a new router and modem. I'm looking at Cisco.

TRENDING THREADS