Motu 2408 and 308 question

Last response: in Home Audio
October 8, 2004 3:22:19 AM

Hello to all who respond to this posting,

I am using a 2408 MK3 and a 308. I picked up the 308 to give me more Dig I-O
options.
My question today is, how do I control the routing on the 308. For example:

I have a Cranesong Hedd, I am routing the AES Ins and Outs of the Hedd to AES
channel 1 In and out of the 308.

At the same time I have 3 Nuendo 8 I-O's connected to the 2408 MK 3 VIA Adat
Optical.

Why is it that when I feed audio into the Hedd VIA analog in's, not only is it
transmitting output through the AES outs of the Hedd but I am also seeing
signal at the inputs of channels 2 and 3 of my first Nuendo A/D converter
coming from the 2408.
When I switch the AES cables to channel 2 of the 308, the signal does not make
it to the 2408 and Nuendo converter via optical.

I hope this post is not to confusing.

Thank you in advance
Steve D
Sound Spa Recording
http://soundspa.net

More about : motu 2408 308 question

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 3:22:20 AM

Hi Steve,

See page 47 of your MOTU 2408 manual ( on the Windows PC side ). The
section called 'Interface Options' will tell you that when none of the three
banks are set to analog, one of the three banks will be mirrored to the
analog bank you select. ( bank A by default )

I suspect that you may have analog outputs 1 and 2 of your 2408 connected to
analog inputs 2 and 3 of your Nuendo 8. If not I'm not sure what is going
on.

Best of luck!

John L Rice
Drummer@ImJohn.com