Sign in with
Your question

PCI to ISA adaptation?

Tags:
  • PCI
  • Components
Last response: in Components
October 11, 2002 9:36:18 PM

I have a legacy card that I use in stage productions for intelligent lighting control. Is anyone aware of a simple plug and go adapter that would allow me to use this old ISA card in a world of PCI bus motherboards? This would enable me to upgrade to the faster processer/mobo combo that I wish. Otherwise, the fastest I can find is an Athalon 1.4 mobo/processor combo.

Any help in this vein would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and in case it matters, I am *not* a developer/software engineer/etc. so a 'build it yourself' type kit would be more or less useless for my skillset.

Thanks
Wim

More about : pci isa adaptation

October 11, 2002 11:33:23 PM

I think QDI has a P4 motherboard with an ISA slot, I was astounded by this fact when I was first told this!

Anyway, <A HREF="http://www.qdigrp.com/qdisite/eng/Products/platinix2.ht..." target="_new">Here's a board with optional 5 PCI and 1 ISA or 6 PCI and no ISA</A>. I don't know where you would find it with the ISA slot option, but it is listed as a current product with those options.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
October 12, 2002 5:01:36 PM

Thanks for the tip - I have a call in to their sales department, and I anticipate a call from them on Monday - I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again
Wim
!