Acer free scanner drivers for w7

I have an Acer Prisa 840U. Is there any driver for this device in W7 or do I dump W7 and go back to XP?
4 answers Last reply
More about acer free scanner drivers
  1. madferraristi said:
    I have an Acer Prisa 840U. Is there any driver for this device in W7 or to I dumo W7 and go back to XP?

    Checked the Win7 Compatibility Center Site ?

    https://www.microsoft.com/Windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/
  2. ksiemb said:
    Checked the Win7 Compatibility Center Site ?

    https://www.microsoft.com/Windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/



    Thanks for responding. Unfortunately Acer Scanners are not listed. I was hoping that perhaps somebody had found a driver that worked with this Scanner.
  3. madferraristi said:
    Thanks for responding. Unfortunately Acer Scanners are not listed. I was hoping that perhaps somebody had found a driver that worked with this Scanner.

    I think Acer Scanner's are being handled by someone else, but the name escapes me for now, sooooooo:

    If you go in device manager, (for whichever device you need driver for)
    Right click properties, go in details for the device driver.
    You will see a code like per example VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS...

    The VEN code means vendor and the DEV code means device: in this case the vendor is 8086 and the device is 27D8.

    Once you have the two codes, go to www.pcidatabase.com.
    Enter the two codes and you should get the name of your hardware. From there you can search for a driver download for your hardware.
  4. Unfortunately when I go there, there is no information because no driver is installed.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Acer Scanners Devices Windows 7