Sign in with
Your question

Internet disconnects every 15-20 minutes

Last response: in Networking
November 2, 2012 12:41:10 AM

So I recently moved a little bit away from where I was. My new area only has one internet provider available called "Hot Spot". We got the 10 down 5 up plan and I get what I paid for in that respect. My issue is that it won't even stay up for longer then 20 minutes. At first I was using the Netgear N750 WNDR4000 router, but I switched over to my ASUS RT-N56U router thinking it might fix the problem. Same thing happening with this ASUS, but when it goes out and I try to load a web page I get the error "you have set the wrong dynamic or static IP address for your RT-N56U." The router setting is set on automatic IP so I'm not sure if that's the problem. I called the ISP and told them I have Dish for TV and they said that is most likely the problem as it can often conflict with the IP or something like that. So I called Dish and they sent me this "Hopper Internet Connector" which supposedly fixes this issue because it directly connects it to the router instead of wirelessly. That still didn't fix the problem. I have tried turning wireless off completely and it still happens. I have reset the router to factory settings probably 4 times. I really don't know what else to do... Can anyone help me?
November 3, 2012 1:39:07 AM

So no one can help me?
m
l
November 3, 2012 8:43:47 PM

there are 2 reasons for that
1:Missconfigured router
2:Bad cable link
if you have a missconfigured router go to your isp main office ant reconfigure it
if you have a bad cable link find where is damaged and fix it
m
l
Related resources
November 3, 2012 11:50:51 PM

joni123132 said:
there are 2 reasons for that
1:Missconfigured router
2:Bad cable link
if you have a missconfigured router go to your isp main office ant reconfigure it
if you have a bad cable link find where is damaged and fix it

What do you mean by "reconfigure" and how do I do it?
m
l
November 4, 2012 6:09:26 AM

Tyzen said:
What do you mean by "reconfigure" and how do I do it?

just go to your isp and tell them to reconfigure your router they will know what to do
m
l
!