Anyone remember DOTT?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Just replaying it again. So many wonderful characters and the conversations
are hilarious.

Just early into the game you get:

Hoagie vs Ben Franklin, Washington, horse
Bernard vs depressed guy, friendly tentacle

The graphics still hold up well when using Scummv.

I am damn sure if Pychonauts was designed as an adventure game it would've
broke even. The characters and settings were already there.

"endorphine" <thedirtyyellowbastard@hotmail> wrote in message
> Just replaying it again. So many wonderful characters and the
conversations
> are hilarious.
>
> Just early into the game you get:
>
> Hoagie vs Ben Franklin, Washington, horse
> Bernard vs depressed guy, friendly tentacle
>
> The graphics still hold up well when using Scummv.
>
> I am damn sure if Pychonauts was designed as an adventure game it would've
> broke even. The characters and settings were already there.

Oh! you have to play the full speech version. Text does not do the game
justice.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

"Ahh, a secret passage! This is all too easy!" :-D

Jay Pieace

endorphine wrote:
> Just replaying it again. So many wonderful characters and the conversations
> are hilarious.
>
> Just early into the game you get:
>
> Hoagie vs Ben Franklin, Washington, horse
> Bernard vs depressed guy, friendly tentacle
>
> The graphics still hold up well when using Scummv.
>
> I am damn sure if Pychonauts was designed as an adventure game it would've
> broke even. The characters and settings were already there.

ceebee

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

"endorphine" <thedirtyyellowbastard@hotmail> wrote in
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure:

> Just replaying it again. So many wonderful characters and the
> conversations are hilarious.
>
> Just early into the game you get:
>
> Hoagie vs Ben Franklin, Washington, horse
> Bernard vs depressed guy, friendly tentacle
>
> The graphics still hold up well when using Scummv.
>
> I am damn sure if Pychonauts was designed as an adventure game it
> would've broke even. The characters and settings were already there.

Wasn't that with George Washington and an explosive cigar blowing out his
wooden teeth, exchanging it for chattering teeth making him talk?

--
CeeBee

***The cookie has spoken***

Mary

"CeeBee" <ceebeechester@start.com.au> wrote in message
> "endorphine" <thedirtyyellowbastard@hotmail> wrote in
> comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure:
>
> > Just replaying it again. So many wonderful characters and the
> > conversations are hilarious.
> >
> > Just early into the game you get:
> >
> > Hoagie vs Ben Franklin, Washington, horse
> > Bernard vs depressed guy, friendly tentacle
> >
> > The graphics still hold up well when using Scummv.
> >
> > I am damn sure if Pychonauts was designed as an adventure game it
> > would've broke even. The characters and settings were already there.
>

> Wasn't that with George Washington and an explosive cigar blowing out
his
> wooden teeth, exchanging it for chattering teeth making him talk?

There were lots of funny parts in the game, but that part struck me as
being so funny. I thought that was the funniest part of the game. Shows
some of my sense of humour :)

Mary

vinCe

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

"CeeBee" wrote
> "endorphine" wrote

>> Just replaying it again. So many wonderful characters and the
>> conversations are hilarious.

>> Just early into the game you get:

>> Hoagie vs Ben Franklin, Washington, horse
>> Bernard vs depressed guy, friendly tentacle

>> The graphics still hold up well when using Scummv.

>> I am damn sure if Pychonauts was designed as an adventure game it
>> would've broke even. The characters and settings were already there.

> Wasn't that with George Washington and an explosive cigar blowing out his
> wooden teeth, exchanging it for chattering teeth making him talk?

It made him appear cold, so they had to start a fire.

endorphine wrote:

> Oh! you have to play the full speech version. Text does not do the game
> justice.

I agree DOTT probably has some of the best voice acting of that era...

TRENDING THREADS