Mobile Phone Tools -No folders in Mobile Explorer's right ..

I've got a V400 and want to transfer pics from the phone to computer. I've
just installed Mobile Phone Tools 1.23c, then upgraded to 2.16 and then to
2.21b as you've all stated in here. The software seemed to recognize my
phone as a V878-V690? and then comfirmed something about V400 so I assume
everything so far is OK. I'm then able to go into the address book and
calendar and do a backup and stuff, but when I go into Mobile Explorer,
there are no folders on the right side. The left side is fine (my computer).
I've got lots of pictures taken on my phone. None of it shows up in Mobile
Explorer. Blank. I really need to save these pics off my phone and onto my
computer. Any ideas anyone please help I'm counting on you guys!!!
2 answers Last reply
More about mobile phone tools folders mobile explorer

    "John F" <Blondjohn7@hotmale.com> wrote in message
    > I've got a V400 and want to transfer pics from the phone to computer. I've
    > just installed Mobile Phone Tools 1.23c, then upgraded to 2.16 and then to
    > 2.21b as you've all stated in here. The software seemed to recognize my
    > phone as a V878-V690? and then comfirmed something about V400 so I assume
    > everything so far is OK. I'm then able to go into the address book and
    > calendar and do a backup and stuff, but when I go into Mobile Explorer,
    > there are no folders on the right side. The left side is fine (my
    computer).
    > I've got lots of pictures taken on my phone. None of it shows up in Mobile
    > Explorer. Blank. I really need to save these pics off my phone and onto my
    > computer. Any ideas anyone please help I'm counting on you guys!!!

    This might sound crazy but first update your MPT to the newest version
    (3.11h), then search your hard drive for a file called GDIPLUS.DLL and COPY
    (not move) it to the root of your mobile phonetools directory which is
    C:\Program Files\mobile PhoneTools by default. For the search to be
    successful, you may have to first open My Computer\Windows Explorer, click
    on Tools-->Folder Options-->View tab-->and select the option to show hidden
    files and folders, and also make sure the option that says Hide protected
    operating system files is unselected.

    I got this information from a post on the BVRP support forums. One of their
    support people posted that solution to another user having a similar
    problem. It might be worth a try.

    You said the phone was recognized as a v878, does it show a v400 when mpt
    opens or does it a v878/v690.

    > You said the phone was recognized as a v878, does it show a v400 when mpt
    > opens or does it a v878/v690.

    It says V400...

Motorola Mobile Phones Explorer