Any V505 users?

Doesn't seem to be a lot of posts about the V505/525. I guess that
could be a good thing or a bad thing.
I've had my 505 about 3 weeks now and LOVE it. Bluetooth works
flawlessly. Sound quality is improved over my T721, screen is
brighter, phone feels more solid. The images on the camera surprised
me. I didn't purchase it for the camera feature, more for the
bluetooth, so I can transfer messages from my cell to my PDA via
bluetooth.
Any other 505/525 users out there?
9 answers Last reply
More about v505 users

    I have used the speakerphone. In quiet environs it's ok but if it's
    noisy forget it.

    I just got SMS <-> V505 via Bluetooth to work, but I honestly have no
    clue what I did to finally get it working. I find it exceedingly
    frustrating that it's so hard to get these devices (Sony Clie and
    V505) configured. I'm a technical person who everyone in my family
    turns to for solutions, but this is just too much!

    Next to tackle is the laptop to GPRS link.

    Has anyone figured out how to send phone numbers directly from a Palm
    based PDA to the V505? I can't see any way to do it other than to
    dial the number from the PDA and then manually add the name and store
    it on the phone.

    TIA

    Sunil

    John <jwcross.SPAMICIDE@airmail.net> wrote in message news:<npg8o0hetds847lmkdio53mus7dadk8nrm@4ax.com>...
    > I've had mine about a week now and so far it works fine, although I am
    > still working with it learning all the features. I did manage to
    > connect to the internet with my notebook PC using the Bluetooth
    > connection (and the software I downloaded from ATTws.) I just got
    > that working yesterday, and have not taken it out of the house yet...
    >
    > [BTW, if my numbers are correct, you probably don't want to do this
    > without the "unlimited plan" on data (GPRS service) down loads. I
    > think ATTws told me it was $0.03 per kilobyte and that could cause a
    > big surprise on the first bill... (Please correct me if I am wrong,
    > but that is $30 per meg.)]
    >
    > Has anyone tried the "speakerphone" mode. I can not hear it very well
    > if there is much background noise (I turned the volume all the way
    > up), but I may be spoiled by the speakerphone in my other work issued
    > Motorola product serviced by Nextel.
    >
    > John

    I tried the speaker phone, and like you, in a loud enviroment, it is
    hard to hear, but I have used it in an office enviroment when I was
    working on equipment and it worked ok.
    So far, I'm quite happy with my 505 :)

    >Has anyone tried the "speakerphone" mode. I can not hear it very well
    >if there is much background noise (I turned the volume all the way
    >up), but I may be spoiled by the speakerphone in my other work issued
    >Motorola product serviced by Nextel.
    >
    >John

    For the easy way out of setting up the GPRS internet connection,
    download the Communication Manager from ATTws; it was real simple when
    I tried it (or I just got lucky the first time - which is seldom the
    case for me...)

    Don't know about syncing the clio, I was able to transfer some files
    using MPT (mobile phone tools) between between phone and PC. It even
    has an option for syncing Outlook contacts (although I have not
    actually done that yet, I need to clean out my contacts first...)
    Actually, I could do some of this with the tools that came with the
    bluetooth adapter.

    The issue I have right now, is having to resync the notebook with the
    v505 every time I change applications (Comm Manager or MPT.) Maybe
    just user in-experience and/or error.

    Has anyone been able to set up the v505 as a GSM "modem" and dial into
    another computer (ie. the desk top at the home or office.) That is
    near the top of my list at the moment. Don't know if it is even
    possible...

    John

    On 31 Oct 2004 01:26:36 -0700, sunilgupta65@yahoo.com (Sunil) wrote:

    >I have used the speakerphone. In quiet environs it's ok but if it's
    >noisy forget it.
    >
    >I just got SMS <-> V505 via Bluetooth to work, but I honestly have no
    >clue what I did to finally get it working. I find it exceedingly
    >frustrating that it's so hard to get these devices (Sony Clie and
    >V505) configured. I'm a technical person who everyone in my family
    >turns to for solutions, but this is just too much!
    >
    >Next to tackle is the laptop to GPRS link.
    >
    >Has anyone figured out how to send phone numbers directly from a Palm
    >based PDA to the V505? I can't see any way to do it other than to
    >dial the number from the PDA and then manually add the name and store
    >it on the phone.
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >Sunil
    >
    >John <jwcross.SPAMICIDE@airmail.net> wrote in message news:<npg8o0hetds847lmkdio53mus7dadk8nrm@4ax.com>...
    >> I've had mine about a week now and so far it works fine, although I am
    >> still working with it learning all the features. I did manage to
    >> connect to the internet with my notebook PC using the Bluetooth
    >> connection (and the software I downloaded from ATTws.) I just got
    >> that working yesterday, and have not taken it out of the house yet...
    >>
    >> [BTW, if my numbers are correct, you probably don't want to do this
    >> without the "unlimited plan" on data (GPRS service) down loads. I
    >> think ATTws told me it was $0.03 per kilobyte and that could cause a
    >> big surprise on the first bill... (Please correct me if I am wrong,
    >> but that is $30 per meg.)]
    >>
    >> Has anyone tried the "speakerphone" mode. I can not hear it very well
    >> if there is much background noise (I turned the volume all the way
    >> up), but I may be spoiled by the speakerphone in my other work issued
    >> Motorola product serviced by Nextel.
    >>
    >> John

    Just got mine this past Friday, exchanged it today because it wont hold the
    correct time. got my new one set up and its doing the same thing. Seem to be
    losing about 5 min a day. Anyone else notice this?
    "p51d007" <p51d007@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Doesn't seem to be a lot of posts about the V505/525. I guess that
    > could be a good thing or a bad thing.
    > I've had my 505 about 3 weeks now and LOVE it. Bluetooth works
    > flawlessly. Sound quality is improved over my T721, screen is
    > brighter, phone feels more solid. The images on the camera surprised
    > me. I didn't purchase it for the camera feature, more for the
    > bluetooth, so I can transfer messages from my cell to my PDA via
    > bluetooth.
    > Any other 505/525 users out there?

    turn auto update on

    at

    "PM" <pmarr@flash.net> wrote in message
    > Just got mine this past Friday, exchanged it today because it wont hold
    > the
    > correct time. got my new one set up and its doing the same thing. Seem to
    > be
    > losing about 5 min a day. Anyone else notice this?
    > "p51d007" <p51d007@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Doesn't seem to be a lot of posts about the V505/525. I guess that
    >> could be a good thing or a bad thing.
    >> I've had my 505 about 3 weeks now and LOVE it. Bluetooth works
    >> flawlessly. Sound quality is improved over my T721, screen is
    >> brighter, phone feels more solid. The images on the camera surprised
    >> me. I didn't purchase it for the camera feature, more for the
    >> bluetooth, so I can transfer messages from my cell to my PDA via
    >> bluetooth.
    >> Any other 505/525 users out there?

    I look'd around for that feature....didnt find it , i will look deeper into
    it. any help would be appreciated
    "AT" <yeah.asif@idputithere.com> wrote in message
    > turn auto update on
    >
    > at
    >
    > "PM" <pmarr@flash.net> wrote in message
    > > Just got mine this past Friday, exchanged it today because it wont hold
    > > the
    > > correct time. got my new one set up and its doing the same thing. Seem
    > > be
    > > losing about 5 min a day. Anyone else notice this?
    > > "p51d007" <p51d007@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> Doesn't seem to be a lot of posts about the V505/525. I guess that
    > >> could be a good thing or a bad thing.
    > >> I've had my 505 about 3 weeks now and LOVE it. Bluetooth works
    > >> flawlessly. Sound quality is improved over my T721, screen is
    > >> brighter, phone feels more solid. The images on the camera surprised
    > >> me. I didn't purchase it for the camera feature, more for the
    > >> bluetooth, so I can transfer messages from my cell to my PDA via
    > >> bluetooth.
    > >> Any other 505/525 users out there?

    Settings > Initital setup > Time and Date This is where i look'd. Am i
    overlooking somthing?
    > I look'd around for that feature....didnt find it , i will look deeper
    into
    > it. any help would be appreciated
    > "AT" <yeah.asif@idputithere.com> wrote in message
    > > turn auto update on
    > >
    > > at
    > >
    > > "PM" <pmarr@flash.net> wrote in message
    > > > Just got mine this past Friday, exchanged it today because it wont
    hold
    > > > the
    > > > correct time. got my new one set up and its doing the same thing. Seem
    > > > be
    > > > losing about 5 min a day. Anyone else notice this?
    > > > "p51d007" <p51d007@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    I set mine when I got it, it is keeping good time. Checked it when I
    changed for DST, it was right on the money.

    On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 02:39:16 GMT, "PM" <pmarr@flash.net> wrote:

    >Just got mine this past Friday, exchanged it today because it wont hold the
    >correct time. got my new one set up and its doing the same thing. Seem to be
    >losing about 5 min a day. Anyone else notice this?
    >"p51d007" <p51d007@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    Im realizing now whats the problem.....evry clock in my house is set to the
    o'le timeclock at work, so ive been reseting it to that cause virtually that
    what i live by.
    I compare it to the clock in Windows and its right on time.....I didnt
    realize that this phone has an auto update feature.
    > I set mine when I got it, it is keeping good time. Checked it when I
    > changed for DST, it was right on the money.
    >

    > On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 02:39:16 GMT, "PM" <pmarr@flash.net> wrote:
    >
    > >Just got mine this past Friday, exchanged it today because it wont hold
    the
    > >correct time. got my new one set up and its doing the same thing. Seem to
    be
    > >losing about 5 min a day. Anyone else notice this?
    > >"p51d007" <p51d007@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Motorola Cameras Bluetooth