Wired / Wireless Connection

AllenSmith55

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
Hello,
Hello,
I have a Cisco wireless router that I use to access the web with two Windows 7 laptops and two iPads,
I also have a "web power switch" (http://www.digital-loggers.com/dli.about.html)
which is wired and I have a Win XP Pro desktop pc which is also wired. How do I get the two wired connections to not fight with the wireless connections?

Not sure what you mean fight with. All devices will compete for your internet bandwidth if that is what you mean. Some router have a QoS function that you can favor one over the other.

The wired users should not send any packets other than a few broadcasts to the wireless users unless you tell them to do it.

AllenSmith55

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
Hi Bill,

Thanks a bunch for your reply, I guess I should have sent a bit more info on this, what I mean is when I try to connect with this web power switch via wired medium, it always winds up disabling my wireless connection, not sure why because I already have another wired connection the house and those two get along just fine...ugh. Once I hear from you again, I'll try to provide more info.

Thanks Bill

Allen