help with Nibiru demo

Last response: in Video Games
August 27, 2005 10:09:13 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

In the Nibiru demo, I am the person nobody wants to talk with anymore
and I cannot find anything else to do. I'd like to get into the tent
or into the trailer ... but can't. Help, please.

More about : nibiru demo

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 9:42:40 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Did you try to talk to everybody AGAIN? Did you check EVERY location
AGAIN? At which point exactly are you stuck? Is it already night (lights
on)?

Jay Pieace (who hated that you could only take the mushrooms when you
REALLY needed them, not ealier)

Opsimath wrote:
> In the Nibiru demo, I am the person nobody wants to talk with anymore
> and I cannot find anything else to do. I'd like to get into the tent
> or into the trailer ... but can't. Help, please.
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 9:42:41 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:42:40 +0200, Jay Pieace <JayPieace@arcor.de>
wrote:

|Did you try to talk to everybody AGAIN? Did you check EVERY location
|AGAIN? At which point exactly are you stuck? Is it already night
(lights
|on)?

(snipped)
It is night. I have spoken with everyone and now am told I have
nothing to say to them. I have the beans, can opener and piece of
paper from the trailer. There is still a live indicator over the
fireplace but I can't seem to do anything more.
Help, please.
Related resources
August 28, 2005 11:36:28 PM

"Opsimath" <castalides@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:42:40 +0200, Jay Pieace <JayPieace@arcor.de>
> wrote:
>
> |Did you try to talk to everybody AGAIN? Did you check EVERY location
> |AGAIN? At which point exactly are you stuck? Is it already night
> (lights
> |on)?
> |
> (snipped)
> It is night. I have spoken with everyone and now am told I have
> nothing to say to them. I have the beans, can opener and piece of
> paper from the trailer. There is still a live indicator over the
> fireplace but I can't seem to do anything more.
> Help, please.

I don't know if you got unstuck yet. I just downloaded this demo a few
hours ago. If you talked to everybody and it says there is nothing else
to say, there are now things you need to do. Did you talk to the guard
at the front till he says he needs something to eat? If so you have
something you could give him, but you have to do a few things first.
Seems like it might be a good game.
Hope this helps.

Mary
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 2:42:00 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 19:36:28 -0400, "Mary" <not@nothing.com> wrote:

(snipped)

|I don't know if you got unstuck yet. I just downloaded this demo a
|few hours ago. If you talked to everybody and it says there is
|nothing else to say, there are now things you need to do. Did you
|talk to the guard at the front till he says he needs something to
|eat? If so you have something you could give him, but you have to do
|Seems like it might be a good game. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Mary; fed him; gastroenteritis; into tent; got keys; into
cabin; ??? nothing. I have whatever was available from the
workbench. Opened the lid but not the locker - which I know must be
opened.

Why did I have to go back and forth so many times just to get what I
knew was there? Drives me nuts. But now, toolkit expanded, still
can't find what to do about the locker or the lights. aaaccckkk
August 29, 2005 3:02:04 AM

> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 19:36:28 -0400, "Mary" <not@nothing.com> wrote:
>
> (snipped)
> |
> |I don't know if you got unstuck yet. I just downloaded this demo a
> |few hours ago. If you talked to everybody and it says there is
> |nothing else to say, there are now things you need to do. Did you
> |talk to the guard at the front till he says he needs something to
> |eat? If so you have something you could give him, but you have to do
> |Seems like it might be a good game. Hope this helps.
> |
> Thanks, Mary; fed him; gastroenteritis; into tent; got keys; into
> cabin; ??? nothing. I have whatever was available from the
> workbench. Opened the lid but not the locker - which I know must be
> opened.
>
> Why did I have to go back and forth so many times just to get what I
> knew was there? Drives me nuts. But now, toolkit expanded, still
> can't find what to do about the locker or the lights. aaaccckkk

I am not past the tent part yet, but since its a demo, it doesn't matter
if you've told me.I will play it some more.I wonder if you are at the
end of the demo. Some demos end quite abruptly. Other people must be
playing the demo, so maybe one of them will tell you what else you need
to do if I don't get back to you first.

Mary
August 29, 2005 5:42:03 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

"Opsimath" <castalides@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 19:36:28 -0400, "Mary" <not@nothing.com> wrote:
>
> (snipped)
> |
> |I don't know if you got unstuck yet. I just downloaded this demo a
> |few hours ago. If you talked to everybody and it says there is
> |nothing else to say, there are now things you need to do. Did you
> |talk to the guard at the front till he says he needs something to
> |eat? If so you have something you could give him, but you have to do
> |Seems like it might be a good game. Hope this helps.
> |
> Thanks, Mary; fed him; gastroenteritis; into tent; got keys; into
> cabin; ??? nothing. I have whatever was available from the
> workbench. Opened the lid but not the locker - which I know must be
> opened.

I'm finished the demo. when you finish it, it goes back to the main
screen so you know the demo has ended. Everything you need to do from
now on, involves only things to do in the cabin.
and it looks like you got in the cabin.

> Why did I have to go back and forth so many times just to get what I
> knew was there? Drives me nuts. But now, toolkit expanded, still
> can't find what to do about the locker or the lights. aaaccckkk

One good thing is, when you do something or get something, the hotspot
is turned off. I like that, so you don't need to go back and back to the
same place. but you have to go back and forth to different areas till
you do everything that needs to be done in a certain area. You need to
get the locker opened. did you find the hammer in the cabin? The lights
are the last thing to do After that, there is a cut scene. you are near
the end of the demo. You don't use many items in the inventory in the
demo. Its not a bad demo and gives you a good idea what the game will be
like. I like the graphics, and I liked Black Mirror graphics too. The
game designer seems to like rain. Its an interesting touch :)

Mary
!