Thomson speedtouch 330 windows 7

redrebel123

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
Hello,I have the old 330 which ran my isp no problems.. then l installed vista.. l then upgraded online my 330 drivers,,it ran ok,, now l have windows 7 and my 330 doesn't work, l need to up grade my drivers once more..online.. anyone know where this can be done.. thanks

saran008

Distinguished
Install Steps :
Run 'SpeedTouch330seriesR4.0.0.5.exe' and install the driver , when it freeze searching the device go to the device manager , update the driver , search automatically for the driver.
that's it ! If the installer don't create a connection so you have to do it manually.
How to create ADSL connection manually:
(start -> Run and Type: rundll32.exe netshell.dll,StartNCW click OK).

DOWNLOAD Win 7 & win XP DRIVER

http://www.speedtouch.com/software/ST330/R400/Installers/Windows/SpeedTouch330seriesR4.0.0.5.exe

parrotman

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010

I have the same problem, when I run SpeedTouch330seriesR4.0.0.5.exe ir crashes when it is setting up the connection. I have tried setting up the conection manually via control panel where you enter your username and password but it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong/ missing out?

(nothing happens when I type rundll32.exe netshell.dll,StartNCW into the run bar)

Thanks for any help you can give

Gustavo_Perini

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010

I Have the same issue.

G

I have succesfully installed on windows 7 home premium 64-bits, and works fine, excepta that if i try to boot with the modem plugged in i get a BSOD (IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) right before the desktop should appear. Any ideas? i guess its the device driver for the speedtouch network adapter, if i start with the device unplugged and plug it after windows starts it works fine.

wodnik91

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
I've tried to install the speedtouch modem 330 nearly 4 months at my cousin`s pc. I have been tried a lot of possibilities to install this modem correctly. Now I`ve installed successfully the modem but on a weird way but the internet runs without problems!

The install steps of saran008 didn`t help me. But they can help at another pc ...

So I tell you what I have done:

1) If you have already installed drivers for your speedtouch , try to uninstall all drivers and programms which has to do with speedtouch!
2) Clear three drivers out from C:\Windows\system32\drivers which are called st330.sys , stbus.sys and steth.sys
3) Run Uninstaller from system control and then from programm files\thomson\st330\uninstall
4) Disconnect modem from usb port and try to install the vista driver. I`ve found an image. ( http://stnet.pl/adsl/st330_4.103_interneo_light.iso ) You can run it with deamon tools ( a prgramm with simulates a virtual cd. ) or you can burn it on cd with nero or isoburn ... Also download this one: http://stnet.pl/adsl/st330_4.103_interneo_light.zip This will be necessary for one of the following steps!
5) So you install the iso version and follows the steps. Normally the setup will freezes. So if the programm don`t close automatically you can cancel it or terminate with the task manager.
6) If the lights are red on your modem you have to repeat the steps 2 and 3. It`s important that you don`t disconnect your modem!
7) Go to properties of computer and then change to hardware manager. There you will find speedtouch and then try over properties to reinstall the drivers. I hope you find it because I`m german and don` t know the exactly english words for computer settings.
8) Try to install the driver manually, so don` t click on autmatically!!!!
Be sure that the zip file I have mentioned is already unpacked! So browse then over the driver setup to your unpacked driver folder and select this and let the computer search for the driver. After he has installed the driver your lamps sholud be green!!!!
9) Now run your iso steup. It should freeze again but this doesn` t matter. After cancelling setup if your setup was freezing , you can connect to the internet threw the connection symbol ( near the digital clock ) You will finde My ISP!!

Greetings Paul

feda2

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011

hi
i am from Palestine
i have speedtouch 330 and windows 7
to use this usb modem with out any problems
do that
1-use this driver http://stnet.pl/adsl/st330_4.103_interneo_light.iso
2-extract it in winrar
3-use setup in vista sp2 Compatibility from the properties
4-run setup as an administrator
5-after finish installing go to netowrk and make new broadband communication manual put your isp usrename and password

thats what i do and its work for me
i use windows 7 Unlimited

sorry about my english

eyad_f14

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
thanks for your information
but i have a question :
is this kind of modems take alot from laptop battery ?!
if my laptop work for 4 hours without the modem , how many hours will be if i use it ??

thx

Eyad from Syria :)