Is Scan Disc of Nero CD Speed reliable?

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
I have burned a data cd with my LiteOn 40x/12x/48x burner in a maxell (ritek made) 24x certified media at 16x burning speed. After burning the disc, I launched nero cd speed (v0.85) and scanned the disc. According to it, all sectors of the disc is damaged. I got same results scanning other data cd-r discs bured with different burners and with different speed. Although nero cd speed reports my discs are 100% damaged, but my burner can read them in normal speed.

Now this question arises, How much reliable scan disc (of nero cd speed) is?

<b><font color=red> Long live piracy! </font color=red></b>

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
personally I don't trust it beyond pointing to unreadable sectors .. it is unlikely it gets that part wrong

<font color=red><b> It may be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others</font color=red></b>

yasin

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2002
I've got same problem, I thought my burner is damaged or sth. but it was strange that the cd's were read without any problems, so I installed nero on my sister comp and I chcecked the cd's, I couldn't believe because on my comp cd's were 100% damaged and on her they were 100% errors free (?!).
Hence it's probably sth. with my mobo, I've got nforce chipset based mobo, maybe this is the problem, I dunno.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Nero Scan Disk reports that my Cyberdrive writer "can't detect C2 errors" and so I get errors on every sector. When I use my Toshiba CD-ROM for scanning I only get occasional errors, but usually 100% good. Do you get any such error message?

<b>I type sixty words per minute. Ten are spelled correctly.</b>

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
New results:

Same as previous. This time burned a TDK (Ritek made) 40x certified media at 40x (P-CAV). With Scan Disc, 100% damaged sectors.

With CD quality check test: 0 errors, no read speed slowdown.

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
Hence it's probably sth. with my mobo, I've got nforce chipset based mobo, maybe this is the problem, I dunno.

I am using a nForce mobo, too. But I don't think it may be problem. It's not OS related. Same results in WinXP and Me

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
Nero Scan Disk reports that my Cyberdrive writer "can't detect C2 errors" and so I get errors on every sector. When I use my Toshiba CD-ROM for scanning I only get occasional errors, but usually 100% good. Do you get any such error message?

No, I don't get such message with My LiteOn burner.