NiBiRu installation

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

I just got the game, have installed it, but not yet started play. I did
notice a problem on my system which I want to pass along as it may help
others.

I have a Athlon XP 2500+, and a Ti-4200 8x AGP system. The game by
default has anti aliasing engaged. I immediately noticed that the
introductory scenes were running like cold honey. No changes made with
the nVidia driver settings made any improvement. It was necessary to
turn off anti aliasing within the game.

Owners of more powerful video cards may not experience this problem but
the Ti-4200 is no slouch. This game looks like it will put a strain on
many video systems.

"Robert Gault" <robert.gault@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>I just got the game, have installed it, but not yet started play. I did
>notice a problem on my system which I want to pass along as it may help
>others.
>
> I have a Athlon XP 2500+, and a Ti-4200 8x AGP system. The game by default
> has anti aliasing engaged. I immediately noticed that the introductory
> scenes were running like cold honey. No changes made with the nVidia
> driver settings made any improvement. It was necessary to turn off anti
> aliasing within the game.
>
> Owners of more powerful video cards may not experience this problem but
> the Ti-4200 is no slouch. This game looks like it will put a strain on
> many video systems.

Installed the game just tonight. Didn't have any problems with the default
antialiasing (GeForce 5950 Ultra), but I was dismayed by the lack of options
in the options menu. AA, shadows, subtitles and volume -- that's it. No
screen resolution settings? EAX?

Oh well, it still looks pretty dang good...

Mary

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

"Robert Gault" <robert.gault@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> I just got the game, have installed it, but not yet started play. I
did
> notice a problem on my system which I want to pass along as it may
help
> others.
>
> I have a Athlon XP 2500+, and a Ti-4200 8x AGP system. The game by
> default has anti aliasing engaged. I immediately noticed that the
> introductory scenes were running like cold honey. No changes made with
> the nVidia driver settings made any improvement. It was necessary to
> turn off anti aliasing within the game.
>
> Owners of more powerful video cards may not experience this problem
but
> the Ti-4200 is no slouch. This game looks like it will put a strain on
> many video systems.

I installed the game and didn't have any trouble with the introductory
scenes. I left anti aliasing on and chose full shadows and put the text
on. I did notice the introductory cut scenes were slow between what
Martin said and what the other guy said if thats what you mean. Same
when I got into the game. If you click on any key, the conversation
moves faster, but I found I missed some of the conversation by doing
this, so I just let the conversations play through after that.

I have Athlon XP 2200 and ATI 9000 Pro with 128 MB memory. Do you have
128MB memory on your video card? The recommended requirement says P3 -
1.2 Gig or equivalent. I wonder what AMD XP 2200 is equivalent to in
terms of 1.2G. ? Game just says for video card to be DirectX 9
compliant.

Mary

"Mary" <not@nothing.com> wrote in message
> "Robert Gault" <robert.gault@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>> I just got the game, have installed it, but not yet started play. I
> did
>> notice a problem on my system which I want to pass along as it may
> help
>> others.
>>
>> I have a Athlon XP 2500+, and a Ti-4200 8x AGP system. The game by
>> default has anti aliasing engaged. I immediately noticed that the
>> introductory scenes were running like cold honey. No changes made with
>> the nVidia driver settings made any improvement. It was necessary to
>> turn off anti aliasing within the game.
>>
>> Owners of more powerful video cards may not experience this problem
> but
>> the Ti-4200 is no slouch. This game looks like it will put a strain on
>> many video systems.
>
> I installed the game and didn't have any trouble with the introductory
> scenes. I left anti aliasing on and chose full shadows and put the text
> on. I did notice the introductory cut scenes were slow between what
> Martin said and what the other guy said if thats what you mean. Same
> when I got into the game. If you click on any key, the conversation
> moves faster, but I found I missed some of the conversation by doing
> this, so I just let the conversations play through after that.
>
> I have Athlon XP 2200 and ATI 9000 Pro with 128 MB memory. Do you have
> 128MB memory on your video card? The recommended requirement says P3 -
> 1.2 Gig or equivalent. I wonder what AMD XP 2200 is equivalent to in
> terms of 1.2G. ? Game just says for video card to be DirectX 9
> compliant.
>
> Mary

Mary,

One, of the few, options available is to speed up the subtitles. I turned
the slider all the way up and now there is no slow down between dialogues.

Mary

"Gsquared" <ggmediaNOT@myway.com> wrote in message

> "Mary" <not@nothing.com> wrote in message
> > "Robert Gault" <robert.gault@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> >> I just got the game, have installed it, but not yet started play. I
> > did
> >> notice a problem on my system which I want to pass along as it may
> > help
> >> others.
> >>
> >> I have a Athlon XP 2500+, and a Ti-4200 8x AGP system. The game by
> >> default has anti aliasing engaged. I immediately noticed that the
> >> introductory scenes were running like cold honey. No changes made
with
> >> the nVidia driver settings made any improvement. It was necessary
> >> turn off anti aliasing within the game.
> >>
> >> Owners of more powerful video cards may not experience this problem
> > but
> >> the Ti-4200 is no slouch. This game looks like it will put a strain
on
> >> many video systems.
> >
> > I installed the game and didn't have any trouble with the
introductory
> > scenes. I left anti aliasing on and chose full shadows and put the
text
> > on. I did notice the introductory cut scenes were slow between what
> > Martin said and what the other guy said if thats what you mean. Same
> > when I got into the game. If you click on any key, the conversation
> > moves faster, but I found I missed some of the conversation by doing
> > this, so I just let the conversations play through after that.
> >
> > I have Athlon XP 2200 and ATI 9000 Pro with 128 MB memory. Do you
have
> > 128MB memory on your video card? The recommended requirement says
P3 -
> > 1.2 Gig or equivalent. I wonder what AMD XP 2200 is equivalent to in
> > terms of 1.2G. ? Game just says for video card to be DirectX 9
> > compliant.
> >
> > Mary
> >

> Mary,
>
> One, of the few, options available is to speed up the subtitles. I
turned
> the slider all the way up and now there is no slow down between
dialogues.

I took your suggestion and its not slow any more, and the lip syncs
match the text now.
Thanks very much G.

Mary

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

"Robert Gault" <robert.gault@worldnet.att.net> schreef in bericht
> I just got the game, have installed it, but not yet started play. I did
> notice a problem on my system which I want to pass along as it may help
> others.
>
> I have a Athlon XP 2500+, and a Ti-4200 8x AGP system. The game by
> default has anti aliasing engaged. I immediately noticed that the
> introductory scenes were running like cold honey. No changes made with
> the nVidia driver settings made any improvement. It was necessary to
> turn off anti aliasing within the game.
>
> Owners of more powerful video cards may not experience this problem but
> the Ti-4200 is no slouch. This game looks like it will put a strain on
> many video systems.

Oh oh, mine is a P4 2.0, Geforce 440MX 64 MB and a SB-Live. I hope it will
match the specs.

Mary

"E-Cie" <WUFX@shutup.au> wrote in message

> "Robert Gault" <robert.gault@worldnet.att.net> schreef in bericht
> > I just got the game, have installed it, but not yet started play. I
did
> > notice a problem on my system which I want to pass along as it may
help
> > others.
> >
> > I have a Athlon XP 2500+, and a Ti-4200 8x AGP system. The game by
> > default has anti aliasing engaged. I immediately noticed that the
> > introductory scenes were running like cold honey. No changes made
with
> > the nVidia driver settings made any improvement. It was necessary to
> > turn off anti aliasing within the game.
> >
> > Owners of more powerful video cards may not experience this problem
but
> > the Ti-4200 is no slouch. This game looks like it will put a strain
on
> > many video systems.
>
> Oh oh, mine is a P4 2.0, Geforce 440MX 64 MB and a SB-Live. I hope it
will
> match the specs.

Recommended specs:
P3 - 1.3 G
Video 64 MB DirectX 8.1 (Sytem requirements 32 MB video, DirectX 8.1
compatible).
DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card.

I use Sblive and an AMD XP 2200 CPU, and 128MB ATI video card.

I would think you should be OK.

Mary

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

"E-Cie" <WUFX@shutup.au> wrote in message

> "Robert Gault" <robert.gault@worldnet.att.net> schreef in bericht
>> I just got the game, have installed it, but not yet started play. I did
>> notice a problem on my system which I want to pass along as it may help
>> others.
>>
>> I have a Athlon XP 2500+, and a Ti-4200 8x AGP system. The game by
>> default has anti aliasing engaged. I immediately noticed that the
>> introductory scenes were running like cold honey. No changes made with
>> the nVidia driver settings made any improvement. It was necessary to
>> turn off anti aliasing within the game.
>>
>> Owners of more powerful video cards may not experience this problem but
>> the Ti-4200 is no slouch. This game looks like it will put a strain on
>> many video systems.
>
> Oh oh, mine is a P4 2.0, Geforce 440MX 64 MB and a SB-Live. I hope it will
> match the specs.

You should do just fine. Once you get through the intro, you might want to
turn off antialiasing (or, not) and certainly push the subtitles speed up to
full, if you like having the subtitles turned on.

Mary

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

"Gsquared" <ggmediaNOT@myway.com> wrote in message

> "Mary" <not@nothing.com> wrote in message

<snip>

> One, of the few, options available is to speed up the subtitles. I
turned
> the slider all the way up and now there is no slow down between
dialogues.

I notice when I exit the game, when I play the game next time, the game
hasn't saved the subtitles slider which I set all the way to the right,
so I had to set it again. Also, I had shadows set at Full, and that went
back to medium or whatever it was. Did that happen to you? Also, did you
notice that therer are only 4 saved games. You really don't need any
more, but I can't remember seeing a game with just 4 saved game spots.

Mary

Mary wrote:
><snip>
> I notice when I exit the game, when I play the game next time, the game
> hasn't saved the subtitles slider which I set all the way to the right,
> so I had to set it again. Also, I had shadows set at Full, and that went
> back to medium or whatever it was. Did that happen to you? Also, did you
> notice that therer are only 4 saved games. You really don't need any
> more, but I can't remember seeing a game with just 4 saved game spots.
>
> Mary

You can save more than four games. Look at the slider centered between
the left and right saved game thumbnails. Use it to move through the
saved games or to unsaved windows.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

"Gsquared" <ggmediaNOT@myway.com> schreef in bericht

> "E-Cie" <WUFX@shutup.au> wrote in message
> >
> > "Robert Gault" <robert.gault@worldnet.att.net> schreef in bericht
> >> I just got the game, have installed it, but not yet started play. I did
> >> notice a problem on my system which I want to pass along as it may help
> >> others.
> >>
> >> I have a Athlon XP 2500+, and a Ti-4200 8x AGP system. The game by
> >> default has anti aliasing engaged. I immediately noticed that the
> >> introductory scenes were running like cold honey. No changes made with
> >> the nVidia driver settings made any improvement. It was necessary to
> >> turn off anti aliasing within the game.
> >>
> >> Owners of more powerful video cards may not experience this problem but
> >> the Ti-4200 is no slouch. This game looks like it will put a strain on
> >> many video systems.
> >
> > Oh oh, mine is a P4 2.0, Geforce 440MX 64 MB and a SB-Live. I hope it
will
> > match the specs.
> >

> You should do just fine. Once you get through the intro, you might want
> turn off antialiasing (or, not) and certainly push the subtitles speed up
> full, if you like having the subtitles turned on.

Phew! ;-) Thanks for your reaction and yes, i like the subtitles on if the
option exists. English is not my native speech, so it is helpful.
Greetings, E-Cie.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

"Mary" <not@nothing.com> schreef in bericht
> "E-Cie" <WUFX@shutup.au> wrote in message
> >
> > "Robert Gault" <robert.gault@worldnet.att.net> schreef in bericht
> > > I just got the game, have installed it, but not yet started play. I
> did
> > > notice a problem on my system which I want to pass along as it may
> help
> > > others.
> > >
> > > I have a Athlon XP 2500+, and a Ti-4200 8x AGP system. The game by
> > > default has anti aliasing engaged. I immediately noticed that the
> > > introductory scenes were running like cold honey. No changes made
> with
> > > the nVidia driver settings made any improvement. It was necessary to
> > > turn off anti aliasing within the game.
> > >
> > > Owners of more powerful video cards may not experience this problem
> but
> > > the Ti-4200 is no slouch. This game looks like it will put a strain
> on
> > > many video systems.
> >
> > Oh oh, mine is a P4 2.0, Geforce 440MX 64 MB and a SB-Live. I hope it
> will
> > match the specs.
>
> Recommended specs:
> P3 - 1.3 G
> Video 64 MB DirectX 8.1 (Sytem requirements 32 MB video, DirectX 8.1
> compatible).
> DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card.
>
> I use Sblive and an AMD XP 2200 CPU, and 128MB ATI video card.
>
> I would think you should be OK.
>
> Mary

Thanks Mary, I think i will be ok then.
Greetings, E-Cie.