V505 and Mobile Phone Tools

I have a V505 and Mobile Phone Tools (MPT) version 3.11h from another
Motorola phone. I called Motorola because I could not get the software to
work with the V505. I was told that no versions of MPT work with the V505.
Can that be true?

Perry
6 answers Last reply
More about v505 mobile phone tools

    Hmmm. 3.11h is working fine with my v505. I used to use MPT with my v400
    before I replaced it. And I do remember that, the first time I connected my
    v505, when it tried to install the phone it wasn't in the list. So I picked
    the v525. But everything in MPT works just fine.

    Perry Fink <phinque@earthlink.net> wrote in

    > I have a V505 and Mobile Phone Tools (MPT) version 3.11h from another
    > Motorola phone. I called Motorola because I could not get the
    > software to work with the V505. I was told that no versions of MPT
    > work with the V505. Can that be true?
    >
    > Perry

    yes that's true. You've should called BVRP, the company that makes
    phonetools, they would've told you to manually set it to use the v500
    driver.

    got to bvrpforums for more info

    "AT" <yeah.asif@idputithere.com> wrote in message
    > yes that's true. You've should called BVRP, the company that makes
    > phonetools, they would've told you to manually set it to use the v500
    > driver.
    >
    > got to bvrpforums for more info

    http://www.bvrpforums.com/phpBB2/index.php?c=10

    Look under the Question and FAQ sections

    at

    > "Perry Fink" <phinque@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >>I have a V505 and Mobile Phone Tools (MPT) version 3.11h from another
    >> Motorola phone. I called Motorola because I could not get the software
    >> work with the V505. I was told that no versions of MPT work with the
    >> V505.
    >> Can that be true?
    >>
    >> Perry

    There is also a "download the latest version" option in the menus. Not
    exactly sure of the menu nav, but it's in there.

    <Walt@somewhere.com> wrote in message
    > There is also a "download the latest version" option in the menus. Not
    > exactly sure of the menu nav, but it's in there.

    Click the Menu button , then choose setup then Liveupdate, but don't bother
    if you have version 3.11h because that's the most up to date version.

    Go to http://www.bvrpforums.com/phpBB2/index.php?c=10 and do a search for
    v505 and you should get back several posts that explain how to get mpt up
    and running with 3.11h and a v505. Apparently, the v505 will be detected
    properly in the upcoming 3.19 version.

    AT

    I have MPT version 3.25 and it supports V505. However, I am unable to
    get MPT to detect my V505. I went to BVRP's site, and they said you
    need to put your phone into "My Bluetooth Places" which I was unable to
    do.

    Does anyone know why I can't put my phone into "My Bluetooth Places"?
    Is it because AT&T locked my phone? The only Bluetooth service
    available on my phone according to my computer is modem service.

    I would appreciate any info on this. Thanks.

    Cmdr Data

    Perry Fink <phinque@earthlink.net> wrote in

    > I have a V505 and Mobile Phone Tools (MPT) version 3.11h from another
    > Motorola phone. I called Motorola because I could not get the
    > software to work with the V505. I was told that no versions of MPT
    > work with the V505. Can that be true?
    >
    > Perry

Motorola Mobile Phones