Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

V505 and Mobile Phone Tools

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
November 4, 2004 5:47:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

I have a V505 and Mobile Phone Tools (MPT) version 3.11h from another
Motorola phone. I called Motorola because I could not get the software to
work with the V505. I was told that no versions of MPT work with the V505.
Can that be true?

Perry
Anonymous
November 4, 2004 5:48:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Hmmm. 3.11h is working fine with my v505. I used to use MPT with my v400
before I replaced it. And I do remember that, the first time I connected my
v505, when it tried to install the phone it wasn't in the list. So I picked
the v525. But everything in MPT works just fine.

Perry Fink <phinque@earthlink.net> wrote in
news:BDAFAB6A.212F%phinque@earthlink.net:

> I have a V505 and Mobile Phone Tools (MPT) version 3.11h from another
> Motorola phone. I called Motorola because I could not get the
> software to work with the V505. I was told that no versions of MPT
> work with the V505. Can that be true?
>
> Perry
>
>
November 4, 2004 6:04:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

yes that's true. You've should called BVRP, the company that makes
phonetools, they would've told you to manually set it to use the v500
driver.

got to bvrpforums for more info

"Perry Fink" <phinque@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:BDAFAB6A.212F%phinque@earthlink.net...
>I have a V505 and Mobile Phone Tools (MPT) version 3.11h from another
> Motorola phone. I called Motorola because I could not get the software to
> work with the V505. I was told that no versions of MPT work with the
> V505.
> Can that be true?
>
> Perry
>
Related resources
November 4, 2004 6:06:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

"AT" <yeah.asif@idputithere.com> wrote in message
news:2yrid.44034$hr3.1588311@twister.southeast.rr.com...
> yes that's true. You've should called BVRP, the company that makes
> phonetools, they would've told you to manually set it to use the v500
> driver.
>
> got to bvrpforums for more info

http://www.bvrpforums.com/phpBB2/index.php?c=10

Look under the Question and FAQ sections

at


>
> "Perry Fink" <phinque@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:BDAFAB6A.212F%phinque@earthlink.net...
>>I have a V505 and Mobile Phone Tools (MPT) version 3.11h from another
>> Motorola phone. I called Motorola because I could not get the software
>> to
>> work with the V505. I was told that no versions of MPT work with the
>> V505.
>> Can that be true?
>>
>> Perry
>>
>
>
Anonymous
November 8, 2004 2:33:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

There is also a "download the latest version" option in the menus. Not
exactly sure of the menu nav, but it's in there.

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 09:05:19 -0600, Newsdude <lousy@connection.com>
wrote:

>Hmmm. 3.11h is working fine with my v505. I used to use MPT with my v400
>before I replaced it. And I do remember that, the first time I connected my
>v505, when it tried to install the phone it wasn't in the list. So I picked
>the v525. But everything in MPT works just fine.
>
>Perry Fink <phinque@earthlink.net> wrote in
>news:BDAFAB6A.212F%phinque@earthlink.net:
>
>> I have a V505 and Mobile Phone Tools (MPT) version 3.11h from another
>> Motorola phone. I called Motorola because I could not get the
>> software to work with the V505. I was told that no versions of MPT
>> work with the V505. Can that be true?
>>
>> Perry
>>
>>
November 8, 2004 9:16:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 09:05:19 -0600, Newsdude <lousy@connection.com>
wrote:
Hmmm. 3.11h is working fine with my v505. I used to use MPT with my v400
>>before I replaced it. And I do remember that, the first time I connected
>>my
>>v505, when it tried to install the phone it wasn't in the list. So I
>>picked
>>the v525. But everything in MPT works just fine.
>>
>>Perry Fink <phinque@earthlink.net> wrote in
>>news:BDAFAB6A.212F%phinque@earthlink.net:
>>
>>> I have a V505 and Mobile Phone Tools (MPT) version 3.11h from another
>>> Motorola phone. I called Motorola because I could not get the
>>> software to work with the V505. I was told that no versions of MPT
>>> work with the V505. Can that be true?
>>>
>>> Perry



<Walt@somewhere.com> wrote in message
news:6ahro0lphqk5otoavbrqsqauk0ccjbfjoh@4ax.com...
> There is also a "download the latest version" option in the menus. Not
> exactly sure of the menu nav, but it's in there.


Click the Menu button , then choose setup then Liveupdate, but don't bother
if you have version 3.11h because that's the most up to date version.

Go to http://www.bvrpforums.com/phpBB2/index.php?c=10 and do a search for
v505 and you should get back several posts that explain how to get mpt up
and running with 3.11h and a v505. Apparently, the v505 will be detected
properly in the upcoming 3.19 version.

AT
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 7:53:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

I have MPT version 3.25 and it supports V505. However, I am unable to
get MPT to detect my V505. I went to BVRP's site, and they said you
need to put your phone into "My Bluetooth Places" which I was unable to
do.

Does anyone know why I can't put my phone into "My Bluetooth Places"?
Is it because AT&T locked my phone? The only Bluetooth service
available on my phone according to my computer is modem service.

I would appreciate any info on this. Thanks.

Cmdr Data


Perry Fink <phinque@earthlink.net> wrote in
news:BDAFAB6A.212F%phinque@earthlink.net:

> I have a V505 and Mobile Phone Tools (MPT) version 3.11h from another
> Motorola phone. I called Motorola because I could not get the
> software to work with the V505. I was told that no versions of MPT
> work with the V505. Can that be true?
>
> Perry
>
!