Sign in with
Your question

Slipstreaming Windows 7 Updates

Last response: in Windows 7
a b $ Windows 7
May 11, 2012 6:30:22 PM

Just read another post in here about slipstreaming Windows 7 SP1.

I know all about that, as I've done it. Didn't have much success with intergrating drivers during the install, but that's a whole differnet issue.

What I want to know is:

Where can I find all the Windows Update files to download and save in the event of an OS re-install.

I don't care if I can slipstream them or not, just want them ALL so I can install them without the tedious download and install Windows Updates does. It take less than 5 minutes to install my OS (USB to SSD), but hours to download ALL the Windows Updates. I think there are over 100 updates now since SP1.

Does Microsoft have a website where one can download the updates, and self-install, if I had a list of the ones I've done from the Windows Installed Updates thingy.

Thanks in advance.

a b $ Windows 7
May 18, 2012 12:45:45 AM

Thru another thread I found "AutoPatcher"

Still analyzing it though. Gonna compare what they say needed updates since install vs. what Windows Update says I've done.

Gave me some errors when setting up the downloads, as Microsoft already had a newer version of some update that the site/program did. File type mismatches, size differences, etc.

The MS site given by Hawkeye was great, but wow, it will be tedious. Still it's an option.

Also found the "right-click" option in Windows Update, to manually download updates from MS.
m
l
!