steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

In the Broadband Router Utility I see 2 IP's for each
machine on the network, a real and a bogus. Is this
normal?

what does the "bogus" IP look like? have you installed the advanced
networking pack/IPv6 ?

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Barb:

It is in the same range as the real IP (and I disabled the
onboard LAN on both machines too, one of them kept giving
me hardware faults with the wireless g card and the LAN
enabled).

What is this IPv6 thing? Can I download it from the MS
site??

Thanks! Steve

I didn't mean you SHOULD download IPv6 - I would ask you to uninstall it if
you had it already. it's required for that 3 degrees program or you may have
downloaded it from windows update.

can I have some more info including operating system and if XP, the complete
results (copy and paste) of

ipconfig/all (which you run in XP by selecting start, run, cmd [ok] and then
in the cmd prompt window ipconfig/all [enter]

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist