Using Motorola V400 as Home Phone

Hello,
I recently moved into a new home and decided to not get a land line,
and instead got cingular service with a motorola v400 phone. This
leaves me with no home phone, and i dont really like carying my phone
around the house just to make sure i dont miss any calls. So what i
as thinking has anyone every tried to hook up their phone (not sure
how) such that it could be connected to my regular land line phones
and controlled by them?

I am sure this is probably not quite a home brew sort of thing since
you would have to convert tones->digital signals in order to dial and
what not. but just wondering if anyone has ever given this any
thought?

Thanks,
Dan
8 answers Last reply
More about using motorola v400 home phone

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    FastForward <http://www.cingular.com/beyond_voice/fastforward>

    > >I recently moved into a new home and decided to not get a land line,
    > >and instead got cingular service with a motorola v400 phone. This
    > >leaves me with no home phone, and i dont really like carying my phone
    > >around the house just to make sure i dont miss any calls. So what i
    > >as thinking has anyone every tried to hook up their phone (not sure
    > >how) such that it could be connected to my regular land line phones
    > >and controlled by them?
    > >
    > >I am sure this is probably not quite a home brew sort of thing since
    > >you would have to convert tones->digital signals in order to dial and
    > >what not. but just wondering if anyone has ever given this any
    > >thought?
    >
    > FastForward <http://www.cingular.com/beyond_voice/fastforward>

    Fast Forward requires a working phone line to forward to. Will not help the
    OP in the slightest.

    > John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular>

    On 7 Nov 2004 11:12:17 -0800, danbress@gmail.com (DanB) said in
    alt.cellular.motorola:

    >around the house just to make sure i dont miss any calls. So what i
    >as thinking has anyone every tried to hook up their phone (not sure
    >how) such that it could be connected to my regular land line phones
    >and controlled by them?

    There's a device out there that does that, but to the best of my
    knowledge there's no model yet for a V400.

    PDA Man is correct. it looks like fast forward will just forward
    cellular calls to my home phone, which is not what i want. I want my
    home phone to "control" my cellular, and vice versa.

    I want to be able to pick up my home phone (which is not actually
    connected to the POTS network) and dial numbers, which my cellphone
    will dial. And on the other side when a call comes in on my cellular
    i would like it to make my home phone ring and answer it on the home
    phone.

    Al, what is the name of the product you mentioned?

    "DanB" <danbress@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I recently moved into a new home and decided to not get a land line,
    > and instead got cingular service with a motorola v400 phone. This
    > leaves me with no home phone, and i dont really like carying my phone
    > around the house just to make sure i dont miss any calls. So what i
    > as thinking has anyone every tried to hook up their phone (not sure
    > how) such that it could be connected to my regular land line phones
    > and controlled by them?
    >
    > I am sure this is probably not quite a home brew sort of thing since
    > you would have to convert tones->digital signals in order to dial and
    > what not. but just wondering if anyone has ever given this any
    > thought?

    A Fixed Cellular Terminal (FCT) allows landline instruments to make and
    receive calls via the cellular network. However, the SIM card needs to be
    in the FCT, and it wouldn't be convenient to keep swapping it with the
    phone. I couldn't say whether it would be economical to use a second SIM
    and call diversion.

    A Bluetooth headset is only marginally less cumbersome than carrying a
    phone, and probably wouldn't work in another room. I have seen (on the web)
    a Bluetooth-enabled voice gateway, designed for making calls from a BT phone
    to a landline or VoIP network, but don't know if that would do what you
    want.

    http://www.cellsocket.com/

    "DanB" <danbress@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I recently moved into a new home and decided to not get a land line,
    > and instead got cingular service with a motorola v400 phone. This
    > leaves me with no home phone, and i dont really like carying my phone
    > around the house just to make sure i dont miss any calls. So what i
    > as thinking has anyone every tried to hook up their phone (not sure
    > how) such that it could be connected to my regular land line phones
    > and controlled by them?
    >
    > I am sure this is probably not quite a home brew sort of thing since
    > you would have to convert tones->digital signals in order to dial and
    > what not. but just wondering if anyone has ever given this any
    > thought?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dan

    > I recently moved into a new home and decided to not get a land line,
    > and instead got cingular service with a motorola v400 phone. This
    > leaves me with no home phone, and i dont really like carying my phone
    > around the house just to make sure i dont miss any calls. So what i
    > as thinking has anyone every tried to hook up their phone
    > such that it could be connected to my regular land line phones
    > and controlled by them?

    I don't understand that. Whats the difference between having a land
    line phone fixed in one room or leaving the mobile phone in that room?

    JMS

    "A.J." <aj@shaw.net> wrote in message news:0MOjd.149891$nl.30189@pd7tw3no...
    > http://www.cellsocket.com/

    AWESOME!! I gotz to get me one of those!

    > "DanB" <danbress@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >> I recently moved into a new home and decided to not get a land line,
    >> and instead got cingular service with a motorola v400 phone. This
    >> leaves me with no home phone, and i dont really like carying my phone
    >> around the house just to make sure i dont miss any calls. So what i
    >> as thinking has anyone every tried to hook up their phone (not sure
    >> how) such that it could be connected to my regular land line phones
    >> and controlled by them?
    >>
    >> I am sure this is probably not quite a home brew sort of thing since
    >> you would have to convert tones->digital signals in order to dial and
    >> what not. but just wondering if anyone has ever given this any
    >> thought?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Dan

Motorola Phones