Ace Combat 5 Screenshots here

http://www.acecombat.net/ac5screens.html
8 answers Last reply
More about combat screenshots here
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "mjones53" <senojm23@charter.net> wrote in message
    > http://www.acecombat.net/ac5screens.html

    Problem is, I bought a PS2 specifically for Ace Combat 4 and Gran Turismo,
    and was thoroughly disappointed with AC4. I didn't expect Falcon 4, but it
    was as arcady or worse than Jetfighter. I wonder if the gameplay of AC5
    makes it feel more "simmy".
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    mjones53 wrote:
    > http://www.acecombat.net/ac5screens.html

    In game or pre-rendered?
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    in game.. really amazing, I can't get over it, on a console no less.
    "For-Example" <Id-rather@not.say> wrote in message
    > mjones53 wrote:
    >> http://www.acecombat.net/ac5screens.html
    >
    > In game or pre-rendered?

  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    mjones53 wrote:
    > in game.. really amazing, I can't get over it, on a console no less.
    > "For-Example" <Id-rather@not.say> wrote in message
    >> mjones53 wrote:
    >>> http://www.acecombat.net/ac5screens.html
    >>
    >> In game or pre-rendered?

    That is amazing, I know that there's no real games like this for the Xbox.
    Wonder what the frame rate is and if it does snap rolls! LOL.
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 01:25:12 GMT, "For-Example" <Id-rather@not.say>
    wrote:

    >That is amazing, I know that there's no real games like this for the Xbox.
    >Wonder what the frame rate is and if it does snap rolls! LOL.

    Ask to see shots from within the cockpit. Now it becomes all arcade
    and unrealistic. At least the older version of Ace Combat I played
    was. Even the old Novalogic sims were realistic in comparison. It's
    sure purty though.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    cockpit shots are not that bad, true it is not a hard core sim, but a lot of
    fun with the best graphics I've seen on any platform, (never thought I would
    say that) should have just bought a $149.00 playstation years ago and saved
    all the thousands I have spent on computers and upgrades. You can even buy a
    joystick and throttle to use with it.
    "Bass" <fish@no.email> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 01:25:12 GMT, "For-Example" <Id-rather@not.say>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>That is amazing, I know that there's no real games like this for the Xbox.
    >>Wonder what the frame rate is and if it does snap rolls! LOL.
    >>

    > Ask to see shots from within the cockpit. Now it becomes all arcade
    > and unrealistic. At least the older version of Ace Combat I played
    > was. Even the old Novalogic sims were realistic in comparison. It's
    > sure purty though.
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    In article <cP2dnT54c-8lRXDcRVn-oA@comcast.com>, "HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote:

    >Problem is, I bought a PS2 specifically for Ace Combat 4 and Gran Turismo,
    >and was thoroughly disappointed with AC4. I didn't expect Falcon 4, but it
    >was as arcady or worse than Jetfighter. I wonder if the gameplay of AC5
    >makes it feel more "simmy".

    Yup. Folks, this is a fun air combat *game*. It looks great (for
    a console). It gives you about 40 "real" aircraft (which
    happen to carry 80 or so missiles each). And a scripted
    sequential storyline which has a bit of the old X-Wing puzzle
    nature. It doesn't even pretend to being a sim. I enjoyed both
    AC4 and AC5.
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 00:44:15 GMT, "For-Example" <Id-rather@not.say>
    wrote:

    >mjones53 wrote:
    >> http://www.acecombat.net/ac5screens.html