Ace Combat 5 Screenshots here

"mjones53" <senojm23@charter.net> wrote in message
news:W7hHd.8526$n47.2294@fe07.lga...
> http://www.acecombat.net/ac5screens.html

Problem is, I bought a PS2 specifically for Ace Combat 4 and Gran Turismo,
and was thoroughly disappointed with AC4. I didn't expect Falcon 4, but it
was as arcady or worse than Jetfighter. I wonder if the gameplay of AC5
makes it feel more "simmy".

in game.. really amazing, I can't get over it, on a console no less.

mjones53 wrote:
> in game.. really amazing, I can't get over it, on a console no less.
> "For-Example" <Id-rather@not.say> wrote in message
>> mjones53 wrote:
>>> http://www.acecombat.net/ac5screens.html
>>
>> In game or pre-rendered?

That is amazing, I know that there's no real games like this for the Xbox.
Wonder what the frame rate is and if it does snap rolls! LOL.

Bass

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 01:25:12 GMT, "For-Example" <Id-rather@not.say>
wrote:

>That is amazing, I know that there's no real games like this for the Xbox.
>Wonder what the frame rate is and if it does snap rolls! LOL.

Ask to see shots from within the cockpit. Now it becomes all arcade
and unrealistic. At least the older version of Ace Combat I played
was. Even the old Novalogic sims were realistic in comparison. It's
sure purty though.

cockpit shots are not that bad, true it is not a hard core sim, but a lot of
fun with the best graphics I've seen on any platform, (never thought I would
say that) should have just bought a $149.00 playstation years ago and saved
all the thousands I have spent on computers and upgrades. You can even buy a
joystick and throttle to use with it.
"Bass" <fish@no.email> wrote in message
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 01:25:12 GMT, "For-Example" <Id-rather@not.say>
> wrote:
>

>>That is amazing, I know that there's no real games like this for the Xbox.
>>Wonder what the frame rate is and if it does snap rolls! LOL.
>>

> Ask to see shots from within the cockpit. Now it becomes all arcade
> and unrealistic. At least the older version of Ace Combat I played
> was. Even the old Novalogic sims were realistic in comparison. It's
> sure purty though.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

In article <cP2dnT54c-8lRXDcRVn-oA@comcast.com>, "HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote:

>Problem is, I bought a PS2 specifically for Ace Combat 4 and Gran Turismo,
>and was thoroughly disappointed with AC4. I didn't expect Falcon 4, but it
>was as arcady or worse than Jetfighter. I wonder if the gameplay of AC5
>makes it feel more "simmy".

Yup. Folks, this is a fun air combat *game*. It looks great (for
a console). It gives you about 40 "real" aircraft (which
happen to carry 80 or so missiles each). And a scripted
sequential storyline which has a bit of the old X-Wing puzzle
nature. It doesn't even pretend to being a sim. I enjoyed both
AC4 and AC5.

TRENDING THREADS