What do you think of this Bush wire from 2nd debate?

Last response: in Home Audio
October 12, 2004 11:17:05 AM

Watch the 12-second clip video (or look at the still pic. below), 3
seconds into the video, Georgie fixes his tie, like so many times
during the debate, and reveals a thin black wire running underneath
his suit.

Still Picture: http://atrios.blogspot.com/2004/10/whats-that-behind-ti...

Video: http://members.cox.net/unmarked/002.wmv

More about : bush wire 2nd debate

Anonymous
October 12, 2004 3:46:11 PM

More convincing are the photos of Bush from behind where you can
clearly see a bulge on the back of his jacked between his shoulders:

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/10/08/bulge/inde...

The white house won't comment except to say that he wasn't wearing
Kevlar...

Al

On 12 Oct 2004 07:17:05 -0700, bad_wimmin@yahoo.com (Google Groupie)
wrote:

>Watch the 12-second clip video (or look at the still pic. below), 3
>seconds into the video, Georgie fixes his tie, like so many times
>during the debate, and reveals a thin black wire running underneath
>his suit.
>
>Still Picture: http://atrios.blogspot.com/2004/10/whats-that-behind-ti...
>
>Video: http://members.cox.net/unmarked/002.wmv
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 7:05:33 PM

wrote:

>Watch the 12-second clip video (or look at the still pic. below), 3
>seconds into the video, Georgie fixes his tie, like so many times
>during the debate, and reveals a thin black wire running underneath
>his suit.
>
>Still Picture: http://atrios.blogspot.com/2004/10/whats-that-behind-ti...
>
>Video: http://members.cox.net/unmarked/002.wmv

Well, this is ALMOST on-topic, as it involves wireless audio devices.
More suited (if you'll pardon the pun) to a newsgroup on corporate AV,
however. They're the ones who mostly use these devices. You don't
think all those CEO's are working from just their own knowledge when
they answer questions from shareholders, do you? So why should the CEO
of USA, Inc. not avail himself of the best available technology?

Because this is supposed to be a live, televised debate?

HA!

You probably believe that Britany Spears sings into that headset mic
while she's dancing, too.

Mike T.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 7:17:01 PM

While I'm not convinced either way on the "Bush was wired for sound in the
debates" question, the clip here shows what looks to me like a shadow from a
wrinkle in his shirt, not a wire. More plausible conspiracy theorists have it
that the earpiece, if it existed, was wireless anyway.

There does seem to be ample evidence that Bush uses earpice prompting in other
settings though. A Indonesian translator reported Bush's implausibly vast
grasp of detailed domestic Indonesian political facts, figures and names (much
greater than his own) without any notes whatsoever. He witnessed it on three
occasions as he translated and concluded that the only explanation was that
Bush was receiving information from an offstage prompter via an earpiece. Fair
game in that setting I suppose, but thought provoking...

Ted Spencer, NYC

"No amount of classical training will ever teach you what's so cool about
"Tighten Up" by Archie Bell And The Drells" -author unknown
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 8:06:35 PM

> There does seem to be ample evidence that Bush uses earpice prompting in
> other
> settings though. A Indonesian translator reported Bush's implausibly vast
> grasp of detailed domestic Indonesian political facts, figures and names
> (much
> greater than his own) without any notes whatsoever. He witnessed it on
> three
> occasions as he translated and concluded that the only explanation was
> that
> Bush was receiving information from an offstage prompter via an earpiece.
> Fair
> game in that setting I suppose, but thought provoking...

I know a guy who sat on a panel with the Prez, who said he had an equally
vast knowledge of an arcane subject...the post-secondary education system in
the US...again w/o notes. Hmmm. But how does the sound get into his ears at
the debate? Is he 'implanted' or something? The legendary Windows Human
Interface Device???

-John O
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 11:52:40 PM

"John O" <johno@#no^spam&heathkit.com> wrote in message
> > There does seem to be ample evidence that Bush uses earpice prompting in
> > other
> > settings though. A Indonesian translator reported Bush's implausibly
vast
> > grasp of detailed domestic Indonesian political facts, figures and names
> > (much
> > greater than his own) without any notes whatsoever. He witnessed it on
> > three
> > occasions as he translated and concluded that the only explanation was
> > that
> > Bush was receiving information from an offstage prompter via an
earpiece.
> > Fair
> > game in that setting I suppose, but thought provoking...
>
> I know a guy who sat on a panel with the Prez, who said he had an equally
> vast knowledge of an arcane subject...the post-secondary education system
in
> the US...again w/o notes. Hmmm. But how does the sound get into his ears
at
> the debate? Is he 'implanted' or something? The legendary Windows Human
> Interface Device???

....and if you look very carefully you can see a 3.5mm jack socket in the
side of Bush's head and the outline of the battery compartment just below
the his hairline...

Mike
Anonymous
October 13, 2004 3:52:01 PM

<< bad_wimmin@yahoo.com (Google Groupie) >>
wrote blah blah blah >>

What I think is you are a multiposting anti-Bush Poltical shill who has
no interest in audio. Given that your posting is more appropriate to some of
the other groups you have multi-posted posted to, such as alt.impeach,bush,
alt.politics.democrat, alt.current-events.clinton.whitewater,
alt.politics.gw-bush, alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, and maybe even alt.california and
nashville.general, although groups like soc.culture british and
alt.military.aviation might also not appreciate OT postings not so labeled,
especially from a non-regular on their groups.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News
October 13, 2004 4:28:42 PM

Mike T. <miket@invalid.net> wrote in message news:<d5snm0toae6r0fvugr91p5hs6vak7vvu5o@4ax.com>...
> On 12 Oct 2004 07:17:05 -0700, bad_wimmin@yahoo.com (Google Groupie)
> wrote:
>
> >Watch the 12-second clip video (or look at the still pic. below), 3
> >seconds into the video, Georgie fixes his tie, like so many times
> >during the debate, and reveals a thin black wire running underneath
> >his suit.
> >
> >Still Picture: http://atrios.blogspot.com/2004/10/whats-that-behind-ti...
> >
> >Video: http://members.cox.net/unmarked/002.wmv

So why should the CEO
> of USA, Inc. not avail himself of the best available technology?
>
> Because this is supposed to be a live, televised debate?
>
> HA!
>
> You probably believe that Britany Spears sings into that headset mic
> while she's dancing, too.
>
> Mike T.

The significance is that the agreement that the two parties signed
stipulated no use of wireless communications to the debator.

Mike http://www.mmeproductions.com
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 1:06:55 AM

>The significance is that the agreement that the two parties signed
>stipulated no use of wireless communications to the debator.

I think the rules were broken more than once.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 1:06:56 AM

Blind Joni wrote:

> >The significance is that the agreement that the two parties signed
> >stipulated no use of wireless communications to the debator.
>
> I think the rules were broken more than once.

If you mean the split screen on C-SPAN, that part of the agreement was
not signed.
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 1:53:21 AM

> I think the rules were broken more than once.
>

>If you mean the split screen on C-SPAN, that part of the agreement was
>not signed.

I meant Kerry carrying something to the podium in the first debate.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 1:56:42 AM

Blind Joni wrote:

> I meant Kerry carrying something to the podium in the first debate.

What did he carry? WMD's?
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 3:40:15 AM

>I meant Kerry carrying something to the podium in the first debate.
>

>John A. Chiara

I don't know why everybody seems intent on misusing the term podium.

It is not a podium, it is a lectern.

A podium is stood upon, usually by the conductor of an orchestra. It can also
be a footing or a wall, but it is not something one stands behind to give a
speech.
Richard H. Kuschel
October 14, 2004 6:04:32 AM

>> I meant Kerry carrying something to the podium in the first debate.
>

>What did he carry? WMD's?

I don't know..a paper..note pad?

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 6:04:33 AM

Blind Joni wrote:

> >> I meant Kerry carrying something to the podium in the first debate.
> >

> >What did he carry? WMD's?
> >

> I don't know..a paper..note pad?

I forgot about that rule.

Did you hear about Al Gebra?

Yeah, they were carrying methods of math instruction.
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 6:20:02 AM

>I don't know why everybody seems intent on misusing the term podium.
>
>It is not a podium, it is a lectern.

I wasn't sure about that..sorry.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 9:20:15 PM

>>I don't know why everybody seems intent on misusing the term podium.
>>
>>It is not a podium, it is a lectern.
>
>I wasn't sure about that..sorry.
>

>John A. Chiara
>SOS Recording Studio
>Live Sound Inc.
>Albany, NY
>www.sosrecording.net
>518-449-1637

No need to apologize.

It isn't just you, both CNN and Fox have made the same error in the last week.

Kind regards,
Richard H. Kuschel
October 14, 2004 9:30:42 PM

In article <20041014132015.23728.00001796@mb-m12.aol.com>,
rickpv8945@aol.com (Richard Kuschel) wrote:

> >>I don't know why everybody seems intent on misusing the term podium.
> >>
> >>It is not a podium, it is a lectern.
> >
> >I wasn't sure about that..sorry.
> >

> >John A. Chiara
> >SOS Recording Studio
> >Live Sound Inc.
> >Albany, NY
> >www.sosrecording.net
> >518-449-1637
> >

> No need to apologize.
>
> It isn't just you, both CNN and Fox have made the same error in the last
> week.

so did Leno just last night
George
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 9:48:26 PM

>No need to apologize.
>
>It isn't just you, both CNN and Fox have made the same error in the last
>week.

Saw it on CBS at lunch..and I yelled at the TV!!!

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 11:07:54 PM

>rickpv8945@aol.com (Richard Kuschel)

>No need to apologize.
>
>It isn't just you, both CNN and Fox have made the same error in the last
>week.

Bzzzzzzzt! Sorry but you is mistaken Rick. The terms "lectern" and "podium"
are in fact synonymous.

"Dictionary.com".

" podium.
po·di·um ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pd-m)
n. pl. po·di·a (-d-) or po·di·ums

1. An elevated platform, as for an orchestra conductor or public speaker.

2. A stand for holding the notes of a public speaker; a lectern. "

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News
October 15, 2004 4:03:23 AM

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:20:21 -0400, Don Cooper
<dcooper28800@comcast.net> wrote:

>Did you hear about Al Gebra?
>
>Yeah, they were carrying methods of math instruction.

Go to your room, young man.

Kurt Riemann
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 4:10:06 AM

On 13 Oct 2004 21:53:21 GMT, blindjoni@aol.com (Blind Joni) wrote:

>> I think the rules were broken more than once.
>>

>>If you mean the split screen on C-SPAN, that part of the agreement was
>>not signed.

Bummer. We get to see reality. What a change for the press.

>I meant Kerry carrying something to the podium in the first debate.

It was a pen that he pulled out of his pocket. Taking notes was okay,
BRINGING notes was against the rules.

Now how many times did Bush look down and "remember" his talking
points? Five? More?

I think that we should be allowed to "see their work" - just like math
class.

Kurt Riemann
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 10:08:54 PM

Richard Kuschel wrote:

> >>I don't know why everybody seems intent on misusing the term podium.
> >>
> >>It is not a podium, it is a lectern.
> >
> >I wasn't sure about that..sorry.

> No need to apologize.
>
> It isn't just you, both CNN and Fox have made the same error in the last week.

And then, there's all this talk about the "stump" and "stumping".
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 10:10:10 PM

Kurt Riemann wrote:

> >Did you hear about Al Gebra?
> >
> >Yeah, they were carrying methods of math instruction.
>
> Go to your room, young man.

I actually got it from a UK resident. He said "maths", which sounded
even better.
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 8:09:35 AM

On 14 Oct 2004 17:20:15 GMT, rickpv8945@aol.com (Richard Kuschel)
wrote:

>>>I don't know why everybody seems intent on misusing the term podium.
>>>
>>>It is not a podium, it is a lectern.
>>
>>I wasn't sure about that..sorry.
>>

>>John A. Chiara
>>SOS Recording Studio
>>Live Sound Inc.
>>Albany, NY
>>www.sosrecording.net
>>518-449-1637
>>

>No need to apologize.
>
>It isn't just you, both CNN and Fox have made the same error in the last week.

CNN made an error? Say it ain't so...

http://www.musicalgearbox.com/cnnorbit.jpg

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley