Lost Photos I think...

matlo779

Honorable
May 11, 2012
I was recently trying to move all of my backed up pictures, documents, and videos from my backup HDD to my new backup HDD and they are all there, I just cant open or view any of them... For example the pictures are still the typical size of an average picture and have the .jpg or associated tag but when I try to view them they will not open. I have run HDD diagnostics and there is nothing physically wrong with the dirve.

Has anyone expierienced this problem before or does anyone know of a program that can repair this "corruption" if thats what it is?

matlo779

Honorable
May 11, 2012

Yes, I tried opening them as admin, me, and guest even on the new and old drives alike. I even tried on two other computers. The files seem to be damaged or something... They are mostly pictures of my deployments to Iraq and therefore irreplaceble so it is a little gut wrenching thinking I may have lost them for good... =(

matlo779

Honorable
May 11, 2012

I will try it in exactly 2 hours and 16 minutes when I get off of work... well excluding travel time home of course... lol thanks ill get back to ya with the results =D