Sign in with
Your question

Lost Photos I think...

Last response: in Windows 7
May 12, 2012 2:56:45 AM

I was recently trying to move all of my backed up pictures, documents, and videos from my backup HDD to my new backup HDD and they are all there, I just cant open or view any of them... For example the pictures are still the typical size of an average picture and have the .jpg or associated tag but when I try to view them they will not open. I have run HDD diagnostics and there is nothing physically wrong with the dirve.

Has anyone expierienced this problem before or does anyone know of a program that can repair this "corruption" if thats what it is?

More about : lost photos

a b $ Windows 7
May 12, 2012 3:26:18 AM

did you try to open them as administrator on the new backup drive
m
l
May 12, 2012 3:36:45 AM

scout_03 said:
did you try to open them as administrator on the new backup drive

Yes, I tried opening them as admin, me, and guest even on the new and old drives alike. I even tried on two other computers. The files seem to be damaged or something... They are mostly pictures of my deployments to Iraq and therefore irreplaceble so it is a little gut wrenching thinking I may have lost them for good... =(

m
l
Related resources
May 12, 2012 3:44:46 AM

scout_03 said:
try recuva it's free on both off the drive http://www.piriform.com/recuva

I will try it in exactly 2 hours and 16 minutes when I get off of work... well excluding travel time home of course... lol thanks ill get back to ya with the results =D
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 12, 2012 3:50:09 AM

be around for result hope you could save those precious souvenir
m
l
May 12, 2012 3:57:10 AM

Still have your old backup drive? If so, try scanning it as well.
m
l
May 12, 2012 4:54:18 AM

yep, that is the one I scanned. =-D ill try that program and see if it works.
m
l
May 12, 2012 5:14:13 AM

Whoops, I missed Scout had already suggested using it on both drives. My bad :) 

Good luck, I hope it works out.
m
l
!