Xbox X 2 = Pain X 2

mcfly42

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Howdy,

I’m at wits end and am hoping for some networking assistance. Thanks in advance for any ideas you might share.

First, I’ve installed a second Router/Switch in our upstairs because WiFi signal from the downstairs device (Roswill) is not strong enough to make it to the far side of our home and we occasionally need WiFi in this area of the home. The wired network connection to the new Buffalo router/switch comes from the Roswill router and is plugged into the WAN port on the new Buffalo router/switch.

I’ve got a pair of Xbox360’s (upstairs/downstairs) and they both connect to the internet/Xbox Live, stream content and work fine EXCEPT (the reason I write this) the upstairs Xbox which is connected to the Buffalo router will no longer see/find the downstairs PC. Not a huge deal, but streaming music and photos up from the PC to this Xbox would be nice. Obviously, since I can’t see the PC, I can’t set up this Xbox as an extender, either.

I’ve added the MAC address of the upstairs Xbox to the Roswill router as an exception, no change. All necessary services are checked with both routers UPnP, NAT.

I have a feeling I’m missing something very simple and would be grateful for ideas for resolution. Lastly, I can forward a diagram of the topology map if this isn't clear.

Thanks in advance!

McFly