mobile phone tools phonebook and calendar crashing

Tags:
  • Motorola
  • Mobile
  • Phones
Last response: in Brands
November 10, 2004 10:10:51 PM

Everytime I click on the Phonebook, the application starts up and then quits
immediatly. When I click on the calendar, it comes up and then crashes. I
have tried version 2.21b and 3.11h and they both do the same thing. Has
anyone else seen this problem?

More about : mobile phone tools phonebook calendar crashing

November 11, 2004 12:25:17 AM

"kjl" <gsm@lafredo.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I click on the Phonebook, the application starts up and then
> quits immediatly. When I click on the calendar, it comes up and then
> crashes. I have tried version 2.21b and 3.11h and they both do the same
> thing. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Which phone do you have? and what version of windows?
November 11, 2004 12:29:17 AM

"AT" <AT@someroadruunerdomain.com> wrote in message

> "kjl" <gsm@lafredo.com> wrote in message
>> Everytime I click on the Phonebook, the application starts up and then
>> quits immediatly. When I click on the calendar, it comes up and then
>> crashes. I have tried version 2.21b and 3.11h and they both do the same
>> thing. Has anyone else seen this problem?
>
> Which phone do you have? and what version of windows? also, I forgot to
> ask. Are you trying this on a work pc or home pc?
November 11, 2004 12:38:51 AM

I am running Windows XP SP2. I am trying both V400 and V620 with the same
results.

I think the problem is that it is trying to do something with Outlook (I use
2003) which makes it crash. I was able to get it up finally by changing the
following registry keys.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BVRP Software\mobile
PhoneTools\PhoneBook\Settings]
"ExchangeServerActivated"=dword:00000000
"OutlookActivated"=dword:00000000
"OutlookExpressActivated"=dword:00000000
"PABActivated"=dword:00000000
"LotusNotesActivated"=dword:00000000
"StartUpFilePath"=""

"AT" <AT@someroadruunerdomain.com> wrote in message

> "kjl" <gsm@lafredo.com> wrote in message
>> Everytime I click on the Phonebook, the application starts up and then
>> quits immediatly. When I click on the calendar, it comes up and then
>> crashes. I have tried version 2.21b and 3.11h and they both do the same
>> thing. Has anyone else seen this problem?
>
> Which phone do you have? and what version of windows?

December 3, 2004 3:14:40 PM

"kjl" <gsm@lafredo.com> wrote in message news:<LTvkd.40502$QJ3.8847@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>...
> I am running Windows XP SP2. I am trying both V400 and V620 with the same
> results.
>
> I think the problem is that it is trying to do something with Outlook (I use
> 2003) which makes it crash. I was able to get it up finally by changing the
> following registry keys.
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BVRP Software\mobile
> PhoneTools\PhoneBook\Settings]
> "ExchangeServerActivated"=dword:00000000
> "OutlookActivated"=dword:00000000
> "OutlookExpressActivated"=dword:00000000
> "PABActivated"=dword:00000000
> "LotusNotesActivated"=dword:00000000
> "StartUpFilePath"=""
>

> "AT" <AT@someroadruunerdomain.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "kjl" <gsm@lafredo.com> wrote in message
> >> Everytime I click on the Phonebook, the application starts up and then
> >> quits immediatly. When I click on the calendar, it comes up and then
> >> crashes. I have tried version 2.21b and 3.11h and they both do the same
> >> thing. Has anyone else seen this problem?
> >
> > Which phone do you have? and what version of windows?

I was having various issues with my version of PhoneTools. Many of
them were fixed after going to Setup -> Live Update. I am still
having an issue, though, where I can not select records from the
Calendar organizer and move them to the phone via the "Transfer the
events to the phone list" icon. If you have any ideas on that please
let me know. I am using 3.11h (08/27/2004) via Windows XP SP2.

Good luck...
December 3, 2004 11:51:41 PM

randomb@yahoo.com (Helper) wrote in message news:<afff5bd2.0412031214.7a99c593@posting.google.com>...
> "kjl" <gsm@lafredo.com> wrote in message news:<LTvkd.40502$QJ3.8847@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>...
> > I am running Windows XP SP2. I am trying both V400 and V620 with the same
> > results.
> >
> > I think the problem is that it is trying to do something with Outlook (I use
> > 2003) which makes it crash. I was able to get it up finally by changing the
> > following registry keys.
> >
> > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BVRP Software\mobile
> > PhoneTools\PhoneBook\Settings]
> > "ExchangeServerActivated"=dword:00000000
> > "OutlookActivated"=dword:00000000
> > "OutlookExpressActivated"=dword:00000000
> > "PABActivated"=dword:00000000
> > "LotusNotesActivated"=dword:00000000
> > "StartUpFilePath"=""
> >

> > "AT" <AT@someroadruunerdomain.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "kjl" <gsm@lafredo.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Which phone do you have? and what version of windows?
> > >

> I was having various issues with my version of PhoneTools. Many of
> them were fixed after going to Setup -> Live Update. I am still
> having an issue, though, where I can not select records from the
> Calendar organizer and move them to the phone via the "Transfer the
> events to the phone list" icon. If you have any ideas on that please
> let me know. I am using 3.11h (08/27/2004) via Windows XP SP2.
>
> Good luck...

FYI... figured out my problem... I have a V600 phone but the UI
thought I was something else. Added a new phone with the correct
model and everything is working well.
!