what phones will take my SIM

Hello,

I dropped my i60c and broke the hinge, but the unit still works. I want to
buy another phone without getting gouged by Nextel but I don't know which
models will take my SIM card. it there a compatibility database somewhere?

Thanks,

Bill
Cincinnati, OH USA
4 answers Last reply
More about what phones

    <. I want to
    buy another phone without getting gouged by Nextel >
    I have a suggestion - if you search for Nextel on eBay it will give you
    hundreds of auctions which list different phone models (old or new) that I
    presume are locked to Nextel. Not sure if you can just switch sims like I
    have done with T-Mo - but if you find a model you want to bid on I imagine
    the seller or Nextel customer service could help you there. Good Luck!
    DonnaB

    you can put your sim card from your i60 in any phone that nextel makes
    which utilizes a sim card. ie i90, i95, i60, i530, i710, i730, i830,
    i860, i205, i215, several of these are very reasonable from nextel. if
    you have an i60 i would recomend an i530. but you can find i60's and
    i90s cheap on ebay and they will work fine.

    --
    1badss
    http://cellphoneforums.net

    I called Nextel because they sent me a mailer for a new phone. One of the
    many hidden charges for this wonderful new phone was a new sim card. The
    order-taker told me, before I even asked about it, that my current i60C was
    not sim-for-sim compatible with this new phone. Were they lying?

    "1badss" <1badss.1flzut@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

    > you can put your sim card from your i60 in any phone that nextel makes
    > which utilizes a sim card. ie i90, i95, i60, i530, i710, i730, i830,
    > i860, i205, i215, several of these are very reasonable from nextel. if
    > you have an i60 i would recomend an i530. but you can find i60's and
    > i90s cheap on ebay and they will work fine.
    >

    > --
    > 1badss
    > http://cellphoneforums.net

    they were not lying, it would work but you would not be able to use all
    of the features of the phone with the older sim card so it is highly
    recommended that you get a new sim card with the new phone. my wife
    has a i90 sim card in her i730 and it functions fine but she does not
    use that many features of the phone. it is best to get the new sim
    card with the new phone.

    --
    1badss
    http://cellphoneforums.net