jp

Haven't messed with F4 since the eFalcon days. What really turned me off
to the game at that time, was all the bickering going on between eFalcon and
the RP team. So, few years later, go to the F4 forum at
frugals.................lol, different team names, same scene it seems.

Same 'ole F4, lol.

"JP" <jp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Haven't messed with F4 since the eFalcon days. What really turned me off
> to the game at that time, was all the bickering going on between eFalcon
> and
> the RP team. So, few years later, go to the F4 forum at
> frugals.................lol, different team names, same scene it seems.
>
> Same 'ole F4, lol.

Guess you haven't flown it, either. Too bad.

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:57:05 -0600, "JP" <jp@hotmail.com> wrote:

Yep .... but it's still alive and damn good .........

Kind of ironic after all these years there is still really nothing
that tops it.

It's just a shame all the improvements can't be consolidated under one
roof and one integrated reissue of a standard "Updated" Falcon4 .....
or 5, I guess is what it would really be.

What a mess ........

> Haven't messed with F4 since the eFalcon days. What really turned me off
>to the game at that time, was all the bickering going on between eFalcon and
>the RP team. So, few years later, go to the F4 forum at
>frugals.................lol, different team names, same scene it seems.
>
> Same 'ole F4, lol.

jp

<WyleCoyote@cactus.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:57:05 -0600, "JP" <jp@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> Yep .... but it's still alive and damn good .........
>
> Kind of ironic after all these years there is still really nothing
> that tops it.
>
> It's just a shame all the improvements can't be consolidated under one
> roof and one integrated reissue of a standard "Updated" Falcon4 .....
> or 5, I guess is what it would really be.
>
> What a mess ........

Yep, that would be nice. That's the main thing that turned me off more
than anything; every couple months, "Ok, everything's changed again". And
you'd still have to do a bunch of tweaks/tricks to get things to work
(especially ai wingmen, campaign, i.e.)

But anyway.

jp

"James Calivar" <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> "JP" <jp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Haven't messed with F4 since the eFalcon days. What really turned me
off
> > to the game at that time, was all the bickering going on between eFalcon
> > and
> > the RP team. So, few years later, go to the F4 forum at
> > frugals.................lol, different team names, same scene it seems.
> >
> > Same 'ole F4, lol.
> >

> Guess you haven't flown it, either. Too bad.

Nope, been having plenty of fun in other sims.

It's quite amazing what they have managed to do with such an old engine but
Falcon 4.0 still cuts the mustard. It's a good soap opera too following the
various patch groups.

> "James Calivar" <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> > "JP" <jp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Haven't messed with F4 since the eFalcon days. What really turned me
> off
> > > to the game at that time, was all the bickering going on between
eFalcon
> > > and
> > > the RP team. So, few years later, go to the F4 forum at
> > > frugals.................lol, different team names, same scene it
seems.

> > > Same 'ole F4, lol.
> > >

> > Guess you haven't flown it, either. Too bad.
> >

> Nope, been having plenty of fun in other sims.

As I said, it's too bad. It's a good game from all I have experienced, and
I have not had any stability isssues with my installation of SP4.1.

I hear what you are saying on having so many sims to choose from. Currently
on my HDD I have installed:

Falcon 4.0 + SP4.1
IL2-FB/AEP/PF
MS CFS3 w/ FirePower add-on
MigAlley with latest BDG patch
LOMAC
SF:p1

The majority of the time I'm playing IL2, simply because I'm a member of a
squadron and we're very active in several online wars at the moment. When I
have a spare moment or two, I like to play the single player missions in
CFS3 and MigAlley. I'm trying to teach myself F4 via the training missions,
but that's more like work than it is fun, so I don't get to it as often as I
should. LOMAC I bought simply to gawk at the graphics. SF:p1 just sits
there unused; it is about as sterile a game as you can get and I really
should just unload it.

James

> [...]

Currently
> on my HDD I have installed:
>
> Falcon 4.0 + SP4.1
> IL2-FB/AEP/PF
> MS CFS3 w/ FirePower add-on
> MigAlley with latest BDG patch
> LOMAC
> SF:p1
>
> The majority of the time I'm playing IL2, simply because I'm a member of a
> squadron and we're very active in several online wars at the moment. When
> have a spare moment or two, I like to play the single player missions in
> CFS3 and MigAlley. I'm trying to teach myself F4 via the training
missions,
> but that's more like work than it is fun, so I don't get to it as often as
> should. LOMAC I bought simply to gawk at the graphics. SF:p1 just sits
> there unused; it is about as sterile a game as you can get and I really

What's your .02 on the Mig Alley BDG patch vs a stock install ? Still
have that game, but never got around to the BDG stuff.

> What's your .02 on the Mig Alley BDG patch vs a stock install ? Still
> have that game, but never got around to the BDG stuff.

It adds native TrackIR support, which is all I care about. It's a pretty
fun game for 5 dollars. It bridges the gap between IL2 and modern jet sims
(or even SF: P1).

> "JP" <jp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >

> > What's your .02 on the Mig Alley BDG patch vs a stock install ? Still
> > have that game, but never got around to the BDG stuff.
> >

> It adds native TrackIR support, which is all I care about. It's a pretty
> fun game for 5 dollars. It bridges the gap between IL2 and modern jet
sims
> (or even SF: P1).

K, thanks. Have to dust off the box and play it again.

Unsurprising, since F4 was a great game. More to the point, games like
F4 have exposed a new bottleneck - in that there's just so much sim you
can squeeze through a PC monitor. Back in 1992, ago, VR graphics
technology was supposedly right around the corner. Now, 13 years
later, we're still married to a 2-D display. Enhancing the graphics
pnly reminds us how narrow our field of view is. While TrackIR (using
goggles) may finally break that old connection, it needs more marketing
penetration.