Fujitsu HD Failures

SillyCone

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2002
I work in an IT department looking after >500 PC's. A recent batch( >200 compaq ens/p733 & p800 with 10G Fujitsu) have had Diabolical Problems with Fujitsu mpg3102AH hard drive failures. If the current trend continues we will have replaced over 80% of the drives within 2 years of the original purchase.
Thankfully the PC's had extended 3yr warranty's.
I personally will never buy Fujitsu again, and I have serious doubts about the honesty of a company like Compaq, who fob us off with V.Poor excuses about jumper positioning and bios updates!
Keep up the good work!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Good thing you got the 3-year warranties, as Fujitsu wouldn't support the drives after the original PC warranty ran out.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

gen37

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
For some reason Fujitsu has stopped selling the MPG-series disks in Europe.
They are included in their list of discontinued models.
I don't know if it's because of quality problems or other reasons.
I have two MPG 3204AT-EF. One of them has been working fine for a year and a half,but the other just failed suddenly,
and that was the one I had only used for temporary storage.
I just bought a Samsung Spinpoint. It's fast even for a 5400
-rpm disk, but it's also more noicy. Don't know if this is
their normal quality or not. I'm goint to buy a Maxtor of the same size and see if there is a difference. That's the only thng you can do, try different models (if you can afford it).

Ron.G

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
Used to own a Compaq a while back, never again. Got to know the support guys pretty well, also the repair guy at a place that repaired Compaq. Not sure if there was anything in the damn thing that didn't fail during the first year. Then when ecided to upgrade the damn thing I got the news that almost nothing in it upgradable. Mobo was custom built for their tower, sound/vid/network in mobo, I was able to add some ram, but instead we trashed it and built one on my own.

<font color=red>Got a silent setup, now I can hear myself thinking.... great silence</font color=red>