Fostex VF160EX vs. Korg D1200MKII ??

Last response: in Home Audio
October 12, 2004 6:19:53 PM

opinions?
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 7:43:02 PM

On 12 Oct 2004 14:19:53 -0700, acqtt@hotmail.com wrote:

>opinions?

I use vf16, which is same as 160, but without CD-R (160EX may have some
additional features, but I don't really know).
For all I can say, it's very good, especially if you use it manly as
recorder and do the mixing in DAW, or utilizing additional Mixer and
outboard.
I mean, VF mixer is oK for quickies and demos, but rather rudimentary
for real work.
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 9:59:01 AM

acqtt@hotmail.com wrote:

> opinions?

I have a VF16, use it daily. It works as a
data gathering remote frontend to a
computer DAW.

No opinion on the Korg. Fostex has more
technical depth in this arena.

--
Les Cargill
Anonymous

I have had the VF-16 for almost three years. It has a nice sound and quick mixdowns rock. For
more precise product it (and a 8chan ADAT I/F) can be used as a 16 track tracking box and
transfer files to a daw for editing. Metal case, lots of effects on two bus's, and
inexpensive. If you just want to record and overdub and play music, get it. If you want your
life to be taken over by the computer get pro-tools.

No comment on Korg, but some friends have them. They like the drum machine but only does 8
tracks at once.

users group for Fostex v series. http://pub15.ezboard.com/bvf16

Phil Abbate
!