Best way to record my guitar through a line 6 amp to my co..

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
October 12, 2004 11:48:54 PM

Hi i have a Flextone II Line 6 Amp(Modeling AMP) www.line6.com . I
also have a Hercules Game Theater 5.1 Sound Card - www.hercules.com .
It has an external box with a 1/4in. jack. I was wondering what's the
best way to record my guitar through it. Im also using Acid Music to
record it. What i do now is hook my guitar to my amp and the put a
cord into the headphone jack of the amp then into the input of the
sound card.?? Is there a better way? Or an tips for tweaking the amp
to record to the computer?

More about : record guitar line amp

Anonymous
October 13, 2004 4:26:00 PM

"Andrew" <Baderup99@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi i have a Flextone II Line 6 Amp(Modeling AMP) www.line6.com . I
> also have a Hercules Game Theater 5.1 Sound Card - www.hercules.com .
> It has an external box with a 1/4in. jack. I was wondering what's the
> best way to record my guitar through it. Im also using Acid Music to
> record it. What i do now is hook my guitar to my amp and the put a
> cord into the headphone jack of the amp then into the input of the
> sound card.?? Is there a better way? Or an tips for tweaking the amp
> to record to the computer?

I have the Flextone 2 amp also. The amp has a dedicated recording mode
(which switches the speaker off I think).

You need the correct cables (XLR at the amp end to whatever your soundcard /
mixer has).

I personally run mine to my mixing desk and the mixing desk to the soundcard
(since I can then swap between different instruments (drums, bass, guitar,
vocal without having to keep connecting \ disconnecting leads.)

As always read the manual.

Rollasoc
http://www.hairthieves.com
!