Evo N1015v overlay problem

aodh

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2003
Does anyone know why I can't get a Philips Toucam Pro to work properly on the Evo N1015v notebook? When I connect the Webcam via usb everything seems to work fine and I am told the camera is working fine but it patently isn't because all I get is a still image - no movement. Strangely, however, if I move the cursor in a circular movement within the displayed image the image updates and I get a new view. If I move the cursor very quickly I get video at a rate of about 5 frames a second. However, as soon as I stop moving the cursor I get the last frame displayed - no movement! I have tried everything I know (not much) but to no avail. I have installed PCTV USB
-which works without a hitch on my 1700xp AMD with ATI Radeon graphics desktop system- and the same thing occurs. I hear sound, I get a still image but if I want to actually see movement I have to twirl the cursor round and round the video window. Is this a problem with overlay?
The Toucam works perfectly on my desktop. I'm baffled. Anyone out there with a similar problem or a possible solution?
My system consists of a AMD 2000xp, 256 DDR, ATI U1 graphics, 40gig HD, DVD/CDR Combo.
regards

I'll look into it but I suspect it may be the limitations of the GPU on that laptop.

BTW, are you happy with the overall performance of the machine? I'm looking for a laptop and this one is on my list.

:eek: Remember it's only a crime if you're caught :eek: