ampex mm 1200 part needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon <anonymousm@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>hex nut/screw that holds the guide arm on right side of machine snapped in
>two
>
>need new hex nut
>
>ideas?

Hardware store? Industrial fastener supply?

Check the tape tension too while you're at it, and the guide bearings.
--scott

In article <nhbbd.78307$Ot3.47513@twister.nyc.rr.com>,
anon <anonymousm@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

>doubt it would be at a hardware store
>
>it is a special hex nut attached to a threaded screw

What is special about it? I don't recall there being anything odd about it.

If you have the part number from the manual, George LaForgia has a garage
full of running spares for the master munchers.

Did you ask on the Ampex mailing list?
--scott