SAITEK X52 OR THE CH THROTTLE/JOYSTICK COMBO?

Carl

I'm running windows xp pro. I heard the saitek has some driver
problems and conflicts. Heard it's not too responsive either. Don't
know much about CH products. Any input would be appreciated?

"carl" <carlcat@sonic.net> wrote in message
> I'm running windows xp pro. I heard the saitek has some driver
> problems and conflicts. Heard it's not too responsive either. Don't
> know much about CH products. Any input would be appreciated?

Don't count the Saitek X45 out of the running. Cheaper than either stick
(think I saw it on sale for $49.99 the other day) and very configurable. Be
aware that the X45 does not have twist stick for rudder control, rather, a
rudder bar on the thruster. I quite like it, but others have expressed
distaste for it.

James

I just got the X52, and used the CH F16 Fighter Stick before that.

I've been out of multiplayer online sims for couple years. When I get back
into it, find out I can not use the FighterStick (gameport) with the newer
AT computers I have. The programmable fuction did not work at all the with
keyboard connection on the new atx computer.

Surprise surprise! I hated that because I loved the CH F16 Fighter Stick!

So I ordered a X52 from Saitek.

Excellent control system! I wish they had put rudder rocker switch in the
throttle *AND* have the twist-stick rudder. THat way everybody would be
happy, one way or the other. The twist-stick rudder taking me some time to
get use to.

I might replace the springs in the twisting part to some lighter ones. Its
hard to be precise with wrist action, when you are also using arm, hand,
and thumb to fly and fire weapons.

I see the idea behind the rocker on throttle but even then you cant use the
HOTAS on the throttle.. Gets too busy

JoshIII
joshii on Warbirds2004

"carl" <carlcat@sonic.net> wrote in message
> I'm running windows xp pro. I heard the saitek has some driver
> problems and conflicts. Heard it's not too responsive either. Don't
> know much about CH products. Any input would be appreciated?

fred

"carl" <carlcat@sonic.net> wrote in message
> I'm running windows xp pro. I heard the saitek has some driver
> problems and conflicts. Heard it's not too responsive either. Don't
> know much about CH products. Any input would be appreciated?

Well the CH FighterSTick, Pro Throttle, Rudder pedals setup is tops in my
book: Rugged, flexible, not any harder to program than everyone else's
offerings....

But it's pricey: This setup willl run you $450 or so.

Saitek's new X-52, which I also have, is a steal at the price ($120 or so).
Unless you're going to be doing lots of tight formation flying I don't think
the stick's response issues are significant in the least, and it's pretty
easy to program.

Maybe let your budget decide for you?

"Fred" <noway@nohow.net> wrote in message

> "carl" <carlcat@sonic.net> wrote in message
> > I'm running windows xp pro. I heard the saitek has some driver
> > problems and conflicts. Heard it's not too responsive either. Don't
> > know much about CH products. Any input would be appreciated?
>
> Well the CH FighterSTick, Pro Throttle, Rudder pedals setup is tops in my
> book: Rugged, flexible, not any harder to program than everyone else's
> offerings....
>
> But it's pricey: This setup willl run you $450 or so.
>
> Saitek's new X-52, which I also have, is a steal at the price ($120 or
so).
> Unless you're going to be doing lots of tight formation flying I don't
think
> the stick's response issues are significant in the least, and it's pretty
> easy to program.
>
> Maybe let your budget decide for you?

How come CH doesn't make any force feedback stuff? I would love to get me
some of that.

James

Botchi

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
Just got the X52 for my son and LOVE it. BUT we can not figure out how to get it to fire! I just can't seem to figure it out. Anyone have any ideas??
Thanks!

gunner0446

Fred, I really like this X52 flight stick, and yeah, nice for the price, but I can't get my Battle Field 3 Game to run right with this stick... I'm really starting to regret having bought this stick