Sign in with
Your question

Laptop keeps disconnecting from internet

Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 25, 2012 9:24:47 PM

My Toshiba Qosmio f60 keeps disconnecting from my router. The only way to fix this is to restart my pc which is a huge pain cause my laptop starts up at the speed of snail.

I just got my router a few weeks ago. It's the Netgear r6300 802.11ac, which supposedly has insane speed and great range, although my speed hasn't changed at all and i disconnect more often than with my old router.

When my laptop disconnects my iphone still remains connected to WiFi, even though it's the same distance away from the router, also no other computer in the house has these problems, though they are a floor above me (routers on the top floor).

I think my wireless card is the Realtek rtl8191se wireless lan 802.11n pci-e nic. If my card needs an update, could you guys give me a link? Can't seem to find it anywhere.
September 25, 2012 9:31:35 PM

Rather then suggesting you a web link I would ask you to visit its official website because you can get most satisfactory result their.
m
l
September 26, 2012 9:07:59 PM

Tried searching realtek's website but i couldn't find anything. I don't even know if it's a driver update issue causing the disconnects.
m
l
!